Old December 9th 17, 06:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default Amazon malfunction in prime?...

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 16:00:26 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 14:51:23 -0000, Yellow wrote:

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 15:22:51 +0100, Martin wrote:

I did not. In this case the book was a bit over 5.

All I can say is "weird" as I even with my Audible subscription I still
go via the basket when I make a purchase, whether it is with cash or I
am using one of my Audible credits.

Too late now to ask for a refund? I am sure you would have got one.

I couldn't find a way of asking.

I seem to recall I had to use the help pages to find the "contact us"
section on the Amazon site as there was no obvious link on the home page
and then just sent them a message through a web page.

I have contacted Amazon for other issues and they also have a free ring
back service if you want to talk to a human - so that is worth knowing.

Audible though have live messaging where you can type-talk to someone
directly in real time. Had a couple of issues over the years and they
are extremely helpful and attentive but Amazon do not seem to extend
this facility to the Amazon site for whatever reason.

I decided it wasn't worth continuing. I was
worried that I had been a made a member, but I hadn't. Membership incurred a
monthly charge.

Yep - I have a yearly membership as I am a bit of an audiobook addict
and that way it is significantly cheaper.

But the most important thing is to check your "one-click" options to
make sure it does not happen again and to make sure you are not open to
this happening with any other types of purchases.

I already do that :-)

They are buggers though, defaulting anything to "one-click" - as I
complained bitterly when I accidentally bought that video.