Old December 8th 17, 08:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Pontop Pike

You have to be joking? Where do they get the money for Sky?

In fact I can well remember back in those halcyon days when only bbc2 was on
UHF a cheap contract wideband UHF array was bought, shoved on about a ten
foot pole on the corner of my shed and during tropo events German TV could
be seen, with no sound of course.

The construction eventually fell to bits mainly due to the use of jointed
tube for the dipole and water got into the insulator that way.

wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 December 2017 21:43:08 UTC, wrote:
There were lots of outdoor shots, and trying to be atmospheric and show
what a **** tip Co Durham is (when you're a meeja person) there were
shots of the huddled-together rooftops. I froze the frame a few times
and did a head count. 80% of the aerials were contract quality Group C/D
ones. This is going to be interesting in the coming years.

Are those aerials still in use? Surely everyone in **** tips has upgraded
to Sky Q by now.

Owain