Old December 7th 17, 02:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

Default So what is the new 10K standard I'm hearing the new hdmi cable standard supports,

"TonyGamble" wrote in message

I would worry about longevity on OLED. OTOH the OLED screen on my Nokia
N8 has managed five years without noticeable deterioration, however it is
never in the sun.

Neither is our television in our living room.

The point of HDR is supposedly better colour gamut (wider range of
colours that you can see, but existing LED screens can't produce.

So HDR televisions are not LEd's as it produces a gamut LED cannot.

Taking me to presume that you need OLED to get the gamut from HDR.

Am I on the right track?

Tony

No.

--