Old December 6th 17, 10:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default microwave oven power consumption

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 23:00:49 +0000, Graham C
wrote:

Watching my Panasonic cook porridge suggests the inverter doesn't do
what one would expect. On 'Simmer' the porridge bowl goes round and
round and suddenly after say 20 secs, the contents threaten to climb
out of the bowl for a few seconds before settling back down again.,
then repeating after another 20 seconds. More like duty cycling to me!

My only attempt to cook porridge by microwave was such a disaster I've
never dared to repeat it, and have continued to use the traditional
method with a normal gas hob, simmering while stirring continuously
for seven minutes with a wooden spoon.