Old December 3rd 17, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Default BBC Scotland - scope for confusion?

In article , Scott
wrote:

According to this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42183607 the
proposal remains on the table notwithstanding the referendum vote and
the absence of any proposal at this stage to hold another referendum.

My take on it is that the BBC wants to bodyswerve the so-called'
'Scottish Six' by sidelining it to to a minor channel whilst at the same
time ingratiating itself with the SNP government by introducing a
'Scottish' channel.

Sadly, the BBC down south has often shown itself to be clueless about
Scotland. But even by their standards if they ceased BBC 4 entirely in
Scotland for the sake of an SD 'Scotland' it would be crazy. Sadly, the BBC
upper echelons have a talent for doing daft things.

As BBC Alba is a Gaelic language channel, I cannot see why it would be
affected by this change, and there is no suggestion of that.

Shame given that almost no-one cares about the Gaelic aspect of that. So
far as I can tell, the main reasons (a minority) uses it is for
kiddie-minding and footie, where the same people would watch regardless of
the language used.

In effect, the BBC gift to the SNP demonstations of the extent to which
they remain clueless about most people in Scotland.

If they *do* dump BBC 4 from 'Freeview' then I suspect they may then try to
say, "you can get it via the internet"... which also may not go down well
in some of the remoter places in Scotland.