Old December 1st 17, 08:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Radio I Player vs Podcasts?

I don't know if this also happens on TV but recently say in the last 6
months or so when listening to certain radio programs, on R4 mainly either
live or on I player, you hearer, for an extended version of this interview,
download the podcast of this program.
If they consider a longer version good enough, why not simply broadcast it
and make the programme longer? There already lots of repeats on R4 and that
would seem to be mostly pointless if you can get the content on the I Player
but now you have the added complexity of having to hear it all again on
the podcast to find the extra they did not put in the programme.
Also it seems over the Christmas period BBC are going to bring back loads
of old programmes like the David Attenborough stuff and East Enders
classics Morecombe and wise and two Ronnies Christmas shows just for I
player viewers. Does this in fact mean that the live offerings are going to
be pretty dire this year I wonder?