Old October 8th 17, 10:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default coverage in Europe from the UK Freesat and Sky satellite cluster nominally at 28E

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 10:48:48 +0200, Eddie King
wrote:

Am 07.10.2017 um 16:29 schrieb Bill Wright:
Does anyone have a source for up to date info about this? I know
things
have changed in recent years.

Bill

Bill not a source, but personal experience which might help.

I'm located approximately 52 20' N and 09 40' E. I am using a
110cm
Triax Dish with a quad LNB chosen for best results on my SatLink
meter
(strength and S/N), not lowest noise factor!

When Astra 2D was still aoround things were fairly good regarding
the UK
spot beam. Since the change to Astra 2E, F or G - I have lost track
which is used, the UK spotbeam seems to be considerably tighter.

In general Free to Air channels are on 2E and 2F, Pay to View
channels are on
2G.
For specific allocations see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...annels_at_28E
--

This one shows some interesting data on which bird covers which
(non-BBC) channels on which footprints.

http://www.marinesatellitesystems.co...p?page_id=1113

--
Woody