Old February 24th 17, 06:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Motorhome tv dead?

On 24/02/2017 18:37, Tim+ wrote:
Our small Cello TV/DVD combo in our motorhome has always behaved perfectly
but today despite excellent signal strength from Black Hill (we're
currently parked up east of Peebles), a channel scan is producing zilch.

We have a Fringe UHF TV signal finder so we're pretty happy that we're
getting a good signal. It has worked in this location before. I'm guessing
that vibration has done for something internally. Is there much prospect
for a repair? Worth opening it up myself and having a gander? Any common
faults to look for?

Tim

Remove the aerial from the TV socket and touch the centre pin with a
small screwdriver as a temporary aerial. If that receives anything at
all your proper aerial is faulty.

Does the aerial have an amplifier that might need power to it?

Aerial plug shorted inside?