Old December 23rd 16, 06:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default Timeline for BBC local news in HD?

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 01:34:28 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 20:17:27 +0000, Scott
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 19:22:27 +0000 (GMT), charles

Scott wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:34:59 -0800 (PST), larkim
wrote:

When is this coming? Seems excessively long in the development?

I'm told BBC Two Scotland cannot be broadcast on HD for entirely
financial - not technical - reasons.

It's both. Financial means the technology cannot be purchased.

Que? If the techology exists it cannot be for technical reasons. If
the technology is too expensive that is a financial reason. We know
the technology exists ergo the barrier is financial.

In many industries the expression "for technical reasons" is a
euphamism for "We don't wish to elucidate further".

Maybe, but my source was upfront:

"n the question of HD transmission in general, there are currently no
plans to introduce such a service for BBC Two in any of the nations.
The reason for this is entirely financial, rather than technological.
However we fully intend to continue to monitor the position should
circumstances change, financially or technologically."