Old August 25th 15, 12:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

Default 4k TV on Freesat or Freeview?

In article , R.
Mark Clayton scribeth thus
On Monday, 24 August 2015 15:58:46 UTC+1, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , /dev/null
(_Unknown_Freelancer_) wrote:

....not bothered in the slightest by the sly methods employed by
ISPs at all?

Yet, contrary to my saying '....is fast enough for my present
requirements.', you still tell me I should go away and ask for
'moar internetz'.

No, I'm suggesting you ask them for more robust service, ADSL2+ is
better than ADSL2 in signal stability and robustness, right out to 6km
from the exchage.

ADSL2+ also gives you the possibility of higher upload speeds.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Indeed - used to get ~13Mbps from exchange 1.3km away as the crow flies, 1.8km
walk, probably 2km of thin corroded GPO wire. Now get 30+ from a cabinet at
most a few hundred metres away and could get max of 76Mbps if I wanted to pay
more.

Get a 100 here from a cab some hundreds of metres away and could get 150
if I wanted it..

... all over a bit of co-ax....
--
Tony Sayer