Old April 3rd 15, 07:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default projecting an image

michael adams wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ...
I need to project or otherwise place an image on a wooden board so I can paint it on the
board by using it as a guide. I don't have an overhead projector. I have some
transparent media for a laser printer and I have a 60 year old 6cm projector in the loft
but I don't want to dig it out and the bulb will blow and the whole thing will be
annoying.

Isn't there some way the old painter guys used to do this, just with a mirror or
something?

Come on gentlemen and ladies, ideas?

Bill

You don't say what the relative sizes are, but you could scale
up the image using grids. Draw a grid on the image and a
proportionally larger grid on the board which will show you
where the outlines cross so as to keep it on proportion

or lash up a pantograph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantograph

using some pieces of timber. Which just needs a two pencil
sized holes - one to trace and one to draw, and holes drilled
to take the pivots where the arms cross.

michael adams

Now that might just work. Definitely worth a try. I can print the
original any size I want, so scaling would be easy.