Old January 23rd 15, 05:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default "Book Me" +green dot.

In message , Bill Wright
writes:
Roger Mills wrote:

Like when I have Radio 2 on in the car and Radio Humberside put a
traffic announcement out and Radio Humbersides programs stay on and it
not return to Radio 2?

No. That's usually the radio station forgetting to reset the
appropriate flag at the end of the traffic interrupt.

It should usually time out after (something like) 3 minutes, though I'm
not sure if that is implemented in the transmitter or the receiver.
There is sometimes suspicion that some stations deliberately "forget" in
order to try to get listeners hooked on the station's output, though in
most cases it's probably not that.

My complaint about this to R Humberside has gone unanswered.

Bill

Probably didn't reach someone who knew what on earth you were on about?
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)[email protected]+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

"He hasn't one redeeming vice." - Oscar Wilde