Old January 4th 15, 08:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

Default Satellite sockets that aren't F-plug sockets

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

When that name was applied, almost anything that was best conveyed
via coax was considered as UHF (ie RF not much more than 30MHz).

When BBC2 was proposed in the UHF band an expert of my acquaintance
said it would never work because both transmitters and receivers could
not operate in a stable manner at such frequencies.

I understand that in the very early days of wireless, experimenters (ie
radio amateurs) were initially allocated more-or-less anything less than
200m, as the experts declared that such short wavelengths would be
essentially useless for commercial purposes.

--
Ian