Old September 14th 14, 07:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

Default Last night of the proms - HD sound out of sync

Yes, I can imagine. the answer of course is to buy a pair of binoculars, set
up your hd huge screen facing a window, and move away with the sound up till
the image and sound match.

Serwiously though, maybe there needs to be a new knob for the folk who view
hd, called Sound delay.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 21:40:02 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

Just watching the Last Night of the Proms. Lip sync is definitely out on
BBC1HD, but ok on SD. Sound slightly leads video.

This is with a Panasonic PVR DMR-HWT130. Anyone else notice this?

Oh that's a relief, it wasn't just me then. Unless it's something to
do with Panasonic, because I'm using one as well, though it performs
reasonably well on everything else.

Since the change to digital transmission I've become used to a
constant feeling that the sound and picture are not perfectly in sync,
and try my best to ignore it, but this evening it was particularly
bad. I suppose it's just a feature of digital processing that we have
to get used to. It must take a lot of very clever technology to
generate a problem that television never had before.