Old November 16th 13, 03:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

Default Dear Bill

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, and who is it that is forcing you to read them all?
Brian

Good point Brian. Can I suggest that those who find my posts annoying
simply killfile me? Then shut the **** up.

I think the fear is that a lot of well-off-topic political posting tends
to attract passing ne'er-do-wells, who then take over the NG for posting
more political stuff and for their own personal bitching and sniping
(see 24hoursupport.helpdesk and, to a lesser extent, uk.radio.amateur).
However, provided there is enough reasonably on-topic stuff, this is
unlikely to happen. Personally, I don't mind Bill's occasional political
rant, as I suspect he often only means half of what he says.
--
Ian