Old October 10th 08, 04:37 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

Default Channel 4 pulls out of DAB

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
DAB sounds worse than FM [email protected] wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...channel4-radio

FM switch-off now put back to May 2038 - if all goes well.

Hehe.

Interesting slant you put on it - most would simply say CH4 have pulled
out of their proposed radio venture. And who could blame them given the
current circumstances? Although the idea they could provide a serious and
profitable alternative to R4 is somewhat of a joke.

As you never cease to point out there are plenty alternatives to DAB -
FreeView, satellite, on line. So therefore CH4 considers these non viable
too?

What this country is short of IMHO is a good rolling news service
on analogue radio.
I was foolish enough to think that that's what Radio 5 would
deliver, I couldn't have been more wrong.
And further back I seem to remember a suggestion
that R4 LW would carry such a service, I happen to think
that that is not such a bad idea.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%