Old December 14th 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike GW8IJT

Default Freeview HD channels

"Slitheen" wrote in message

"harrogate3" wrote in message

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
My Grandad bought an HDTV today (399 bush model from Argos).

Looking through his list of freeview channels we see there is BBC HD

trial ,
ITV HD, C4 HD and another. Are these working on freeview yet? We

just got
a blank screen.

Only availabe to select viewers in the London area.

Is this something to do with them testing HD DTT - I seem to remember
reading something about this?

Can a bog standard Freeview box handle HD? I mean yeah, the TV will
obviously have to be 'HD Ready'...but are normal Freeview boxes able to
provide the stream? Interesting. :/

Nope, normal Freeview boxes can't handle HD.
Regards Mike.