Old December 14th 06, 03:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike GW8IJT

Default Freeview HD channels

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

"harrogate3" wrote in message

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
My Grandad bought an HDTV today (399 bush model from Argos).

Looking through his list of freeview channels we see there is BBC HD

trial ,
ITV HD, C4 HD and another. Are these working on freeview yet? We

just got
a blank screen.

Only availabe to select viewers in the London area.

Thanks. Upon further investigation it seems it is only a short trial at
the moment. Still, maybe 2007 we will see it released in full.

Apparently there isn't enough bandwidth for a universal HD Freeview service.
Regards Mike.