Old December 13th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Slitheen

Default Freeview HD channels

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
Beck wrote:
My Grandad bought an HDTV today (399 bush model from Argos).

Looking through his list of freeview channels we see there is BBC HD
trial , ITV HD, C4 HD and another. Are these working on freeview
yet? We just got a blank screen.

They are only being broadcast in certain areas , but more importantly you
would need a receiver capable of decoding and outputting the HD signals.
Showing the channel number is about all yours will cope with
--

Ahh, that answered my question. I thought I was going mad for a moment, and
that some lucky gits were getting HD Freeview via bog standard boxes....LOL.