Old December 13th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

Default OT - FM aerial

In article , tony sayer
writes
In article , Tim.. [email protected]
btinternet.com writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Ok, That little lot has explained afair bit.

I think I shall test out a 3 or 5 bar Yagi from the afforementioned firm
pointed at sutton (we have line of sight, despite the distance) on its own
fly lead for the moment. Then possibly go to the extreme of combining it
with the DTV signal down the same cable.

Run separate cables if you can.. combine if you absolutely cannot!..

Can you say where you are or postcode even?..

Postcode - SY7 0HJ - South shropshire, not far from the powys border nr
Clun.

Nice location:-)

Bill - For TV / DTV reception we have - 18db W aerial, on a 3m pole, and a
mast head twin output 16db amp. Can get most of the DTT channels, and
terestial thats perfectly watchable, but slightly grainy.

So less FM aerial could be better? What would you suggest??

Seems your on the fringe for most stations certainly Sutton Coldfield
but go for an external 4 or 5 element good grade satellite type CT100
cable and I reckon that should do the bizz.....

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/suttoncoldfield/maps.asp

Come to think of fit you might try Ridge Hill to the south as well...

Tim..

--
Tony Sayer