Old November 13th 06, 08:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Philippe Gautier

Default Telewest's French channel - any good? Need a channel for learningFrench.

Vaughan wrote:

The French channel on Telewest (TV5) is very good and there's loads to
watch - like you I use it to improve my French and they do have a superb
range of French films and TV progs which are taken from French domestic
output. Their current affairs progs are also very interesting and a useful
counterpoint to the pro-USA, pro-Israeli slant we seem to have on British
TV.

I agree, it's quite refreshing to see another point of view in the news
when I go home (Belgium). the other nice thing about TV5 is that it's a
sort of "best of" of the different french speaking channels, including
french, Swiss, Belgian (not sure about Canada?)...