Old May 12th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

Default odds and sods about the 7 day freeview epg trial

News about three boxes are coping. Here, we have people with Pace Twin,
Humax PVR and the Sony box...

The Humax copes badly, sometimes needing the power plug replugging to
recover.

The Twin copes well, though scrolling is a bit tedious/sluggish (scale the
X axis of the guide with vol +/-), and I'm not sure it's caching.

The Sony copes nicely, and seems to cache, and is thus happy (but afair,
doesn't have any recording medium, not really a PVR).

So, any bets on how soon Humax will come out with an update? The Pace
could do with some useability tweaks too (how about skip +/- one day, and
some caching?).

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]