Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VRO files on a PC- INFO by rdd
I note that on various news groups, members have been trying to play VRO files on windows PCs without success. After much googling and trying variations out, I have just loaded VLC Media Player from www.videolan.org and have managed to directly play DVD-RAM disc recordings from my Panasonic DMR-EX75 on the PC with sound etc without problems or having to go through a manual conversion stage...
March 2nd 08 10:31 PM
by rdd Go to last post
2 192
Arrrgh! Bl**dy digiboxes! by Tim Downie[_2_]
I'm sick to the back teeth of my digibox crashing. I think we're on our third one now that we use with a TiVo and everyone of them has crashed with varying degrees of frequency. I did wonder if it was anything to do with temperature but a Sony HD PVR (with built in digital turner) in the same space under the telly doesn't have any problem (it's never crashed). We've tried leaving the doors...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 2nd 08 04:05 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
23 579
PVR format query by Woody[_3_]
In a recent post I noted that my Matsui M1602PVR has started doing some strange things - like switching on for four seconds every sixty seconds. Reading elsewhere (such as DigitalSpy) suggests it may be a hard disc directory issue which can be overcome by formatting the HDD. There is nothing in the menu system, and at this stage I am reluctant to remove the disc and do it externally. Does...
March 1st 08 08:29 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
4 860
Panasonic DMR-EX75 - Change HDD by rdd
Hi, Is it possible to change the HDD to a larger one, say 500 GB i.e DIY? Thanks RDD
February 28th 08 07:04 PM
by rdd Go to last post
0 248
Any recommendations? by PCPaul
Hi, I'm looking for an upgrade to an XBMC Xbox. It's been fine, but I need more now. Specifically: - HDMI - HD - streaming all sorts of everything from my file server (MP3s, images, DivX, .isos etc.) - playing (and upscaling) DVDs
February 28th 08 09:29 AM
by Steven Campbell[_2_] Go to last post
1 163
Camcorder to PVR? by mark
I recently bought a Humax PVR-9000T. Four years ago, my dad bought a GR-FXM40/GR-FX16 JVC compact VHS camcorder. It only has A/V sockets. He asked me if I could transfer video from the camcorder to the PVR. Will he be able to do that? Are the A/V sockets on the PVR audio/video out only, or can they receive audio/video in? My apologies if this seems a ridiculous question.
February 24th 08 10:16 PM
by Steve Olive Go to last post
3 363
Strange occurance with Matsui 1602PVR by Woody[_3_]
I've had a 1602 for nearly a year and very pleased I have been with it too. Tendency for colour flickering but if you ignore that it works well. However of late I have had an issue with the EPG - a gradually increasing number of stations showing 'no information.' Getting fed up with this I tried a power on reset (10 minutes) but to no effect so I did a software reset which cleared the...
February 23rd 08 12:37 PM
by Woody[_3_] Go to last post
0 175
Can Anyone recommend a PVR to record analogue? by rdd
Hi, On the boarders of Crystal Palace transmitters and Sudbury. Difital is flaky at best even with a good Sony STB and new professionally spec and fitted aerial etc.etc. So resigned to Analogue for the next 4 years. Unless Freesat includes Channel 5 So VCR/DVD player on last legs but want the advantages of PVR HDD instead of masses of tapes and the inevitable accidental over recording or...
February 19th 08 04:19 PM
by Arthur Go to last post
6 389
Which PVR? by mark carter
I'm new to this whole PVR thing. My VCR is about to die, and I've just discovered that I can receive Freeview. I have an analogue TV, which has a SCART socket. I'd like a PVR with dual tuners and a HD (160GB is more than plenty by a huge margin. 80GB is likely to be adequate), plus the ability to play and record DVDs (recording isn't a necessity, but I think it important to at least play...
February 17th 08 07:58 AM
by Philip Green Go to last post
9 388
DVD Video Recorder Query by bm
I want to transfer my video tapes onto a DVD disk. What type of machine do I have to buy and can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap machine? Blair
February 16th 08 06:47 AM
by bm Go to last post
6 254
DigiFusion FVRT145 EPG Issues. Please help! by Paul[_3_]
Hi there I've recently jumped on the PVR bandwagon and bought a DigiFusion FVRT145. It does what it says on the tin, just... but I am a little upset about the EPG. I am used to Sky plus and while I wasn't expecting it to be as good, I still expected a half decent EPG! Maybe it's hidden somewhere, but all I really want is the standard
February 13th 08 03:44 PM
by Jim Burns[_2_] Go to last post
3 478
Tivo or Toppy by Lister
Which is better? Any comparison sites out there?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 08 08:50 PM
by Steve Olive Go to last post
12 329
PVR habits by PCPaul
"How do you treat yours?" I gave my Mum an 80GB Freeview PVR for Christmas, all installed and demonstrated as part of the pressie, naturally. Went over again last week and checked she was OK with it. No problem, she's been using it all the time, hasn't used the VCR since she got it. What surprised me was that when I looked, she had *nothing* recorded on it. Nothing at all.
February 10th 08 06:32 AM
by Peter[_4_] Go to last post
2 176
Noisy Topfield TF5800 by Willie[_2_]
After a year of two of virtual silence, the HD on my TF5800 has started making a noise. You can't really hear it if you're watching something, but it noticable throughout the day. It's 'normal' HD reading/writing noise on a computer. I was wondering if the HD was dying - we do record a lot and the Topfiled is on from 9am to about midnight with the HD running. Ta
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 10:35 PM
by News Will Go to last post
18 730
Sony rdr-hxd870 CD Playback by [email protected]
Play CD function: Final track of a CD finishes abruptly a couple of seconds early so I don't hear the very end of the track. I am listening to audio books and it's stopping mid-sentence. It's infuriating. I don't think anyone would spot this on a music CD that faded out or had a few seconds of silence at the end of the last track but many of my audio books finish without any 'recorded...
February 6th 08 11:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 154
Box that records Freeview + analog input? by Bonge Boo
I'm sure I can't be the only person who's asked this before, but I can't find a group FAQ so... My VCR has finally died. I've got an analog sat dish that I use to get Eurosport plus a analog TV. It's time to go digital. I don't want to pay Murdoch and I must have Eurosport. So the option seems to be keep the old analog dish, plus get Freeview. In an ideal world I would replace the VCR with...
February 6th 08 07:49 AM
by Bill ZFC Go to last post
6 289
You start a small business : by [email protected]
You start a small business : see and get more ideas : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.freewebs.com/business-xx ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ your financial position is low
February 3rd 08 01:45 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 183
Top up TV - only available on the Thompson ? by newyear
Wondering if i should try the 19 kit from Argos
February 2nd 08 09:39 PM
by Michael Swift Go to last post
1 203
Sony RDR-HXD870 won't play my DVDs? by Scoota
I have recently purchased a Sony RDR-HXD870 160gb recorder and am happy with it except that it won't play any of my previously burned disks. I already have years of home video stored on DVD-R disks that were burned on a Conia MR91OD. The Sony just announces "Can't play this disk" for no apparent reason. It would be easy to blame the Conia, except for the fact that the disks play happily on...
January 31st 08 09:34 AM
by Mike Go to last post
4 739
Humax PVR9200-T Media eLinker v2.5 by Matti Lamprhey
I can't find any comments on the changes made for this version, or experiences so far with it. Has anyone tried it yet? Matti
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 24th 08 05:13 PM
by paul Go to last post
11 1,910