Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Swapping Hard Drives in a TUTV PVR by JOHN PORCELLA
Hi all, I have a TUTV PVR and I am constantly battling to keep above zero percent free hard disk space...just as I watch several hours of TV, a load more stuff gets recorded...damn ITV4 for showing re-runs of 1960s classics! Has anyone tried to swap the existing hard drive with a bigger one? Is there any guide on the Internet about if it is possible and how?
May 2nd 08 02:17 PM
by JOHN PORCELLA Go to last post
0 187
New to Freeview PVRs - closest match to Sky+ wanted by Ian McMillan
Hi all, Sadly I'm moving to a building where I can't get Sky+ any more. The Freeview PVRs seem to be very varied and no decent source online for screenshots, fair reviews etc. Does anyone here know what is a good match to Sky+? From what I can see, the Thomson Top Up TV box at 80 on Amazon seems to be a good bet. Not interested in the Top Up TV aspect though, or Setanta.
April 26th 08 11:09 PM
by Ian McMillan Go to last post
6 374
Humax PVR -9200T .17 months old Freezing problem by Jack Fate
This sounds like a hardware fault that has come about with use , rather than the usual software type of problem. However I thought I would give you guys a try to see if anybody has met it. Machine purchased in Nov 06 . Has worked perfectly since then. including with latest software update since january 08. Has now suddenly developed what appears to be a major fault. When turned on, Hummy...
April 24th 08 03:25 PM
by Jack Fate Go to last post
1 339
freeview TV + PVR by ME&YOU[_2_]
If I get a new TV that has freeview included, can I still connect my Thomson PVR/freeview recorder up to it? thanks
April 24th 08 08:13 AM
by Zimmy Go to last post
6 317
Topfield 5800: all saved files gone by Simon Slavin
Topfield 5800. Has worked well since I got it when they first arrived in the UK. No TAPs. Latest firmware update from www.toppy.org.uk (the one that does series linking). Got home from work today and it was 'on', but not recording anything. Seemed a little strange but I thought I must have left it on by accident, so I hit the red button on the remote control to turn it off, then went away...
April 23rd 08 05:23 PM
by Alan Go to last post
5 451
Tevion/Ellion DVR-950S by Clint Sharp
Just got one of these to play with for a friend, any tips on replacing the hard drive? Apparently the original went dead and he's had no luck replacing it with different types. Also wondering if there are any firmware upgrades I can get hold of? -- Clint Sharp
April 7th 08 04:58 PM
by Clint Sharp Go to last post
0 283
TF5810 by housetrained
Anyone got one yet? Talk to me about it. -- John the West Ham fan
April 6th 08 04:29 PM
by Rojo Habe Go to last post
5 249
BT Vision Remote by Dylan35
Hi, I have just set up a friends BT Vision Box. The responciveness of the remote is C**P. (ie line of site and delay before set top box responds) Can anyone confirm this is a standard feature or have they got a duff box / remote ? Many thanks Adam
April 4th 08 03:03 PM
by Norman Go to last post
3 372
Recording PC video on PVR via DV or HDMI? by Tim
Hello, I've got an HP DV9000 series laptop with DV and HDMI and svideo sockets, and a Samsung DVD HR750 PVR with DVD and HDD recording, and AV, DV, and RF connections. Can I use this setup to record films or programs on my PC onto the DVD or HDD of my PVR, using the DV link for example? I imagine it would have to be in real time. Would it be a digital quality recording? Would I be able to record...
April 2nd 08 12:15 AM
by ded[_3_] Go to last post
2 228
PVRs and "Accurate Record" by Dickie mint
Since my last post I've been collecting instances from threads on Digital Spy. It looks like (on the Humax at least) Accurate Record is not working as intended, and this might not be Humax's fault. I don't know if this problem occurs with other makes of PVR. Recordings start into the programme and some report stopping short of the end. This is not consistent across the country, so it...
March 30th 08 10:44 PM
by Stone Free Go to last post
3 217
manual frequency in Power Cinema by Elvis
Hi, any body know how I can manual edit channel frequency in Power Cinema? Best Regards, Elvis
March 26th 08 07:01 PM
by Elvis Go to last post
0 355
what dos is used in LG PVR HDD, I want to read hdd on pc by Jim McCARDLE
Anyone know what the hdd in an LG PVR is formatted in, is it linux, it certainly is not ms-dos as I was unable to read the 160gb hdd. It came up as about a 320gb disk with 3 partitions whilst the label on it clearly said Seagate 160gb HDD. It is standard IDE HDD obviously formatted in a non dos readle format. I have some AVI files I have recorded and wanted to off load and seemed unable to find...
March 19th 08 11:54 AM
by Jim McCARDLE Go to last post
2 1,442
Humax PVR9200T lock-ups by GaryM
I bought my Humax 9200T last December and immediately upgraded the software to that found on the hummy.org website. I have been very impressed with the PVR having previously had a Humax 8000T. I especially like being able to record from two channels at once. I've had the 9200 lockup on about 4 occasions, twice when trying to delete a recording using the red button, and yesterday when just...
March 19th 08 08:01 AM
by Nemo Go to last post
1 257
Pioneer DVR-530H-S: EPG download interfering with scheduled recording by Tom Walker
I'd be interested if anyone with this or a similar Pioneer model is suffering from the same problem. If I have a recording scheduled and it starts when the box is downloading the EPG, it does not send any signal along the G-Link cable to the Sky digibox. So it records whatever channel the digibox was last changed to. Result is, I get recordings listed as, say, "Life in Cold Blood" (BBC1)...
March 18th 08 02:38 PM
by Arthur Go to last post
1 317
Losing Digital signal when video recorder is turned on? by [email protected]
My stepdad has a Philips 28PW6720D television with built in freeview. He has the scart into EXT2 and into the correct scart connection on the video. When the RF cable is in, and he turns the VCR on, the digital signal is completely lost and he gets a message something along the lines of "lost digital signal" in the middle of the screen. If i take the RF cable out, and go straight into the TV...
March 17th 08 07:20 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
7 250
New Toppy firmwa how to unplug safely by Simon Slavin
For ridiculous reasons I have to unplug my Topfield 5800 occasionally. The new firmware doesn't seem to operate like the old one: the hard disk is sometimes spinning when the box thinks it's in standby mode. I suspect this is a consequence of how the new series link feature works but it leads me to a problem: I don't like unplugging computers while they're working. And there's no 'It is now...
March 16th 08 09:52 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
0 164
Sony RDR-HXD870 and Tiscali TV/Homechoice by Luiz Lima
Hi there, Has anyone managed to configure the Sony RDR-HXD870 to control Tiscali TV's box? It is the original Homechoice box, the small grey/silver one. Currently I can record and watch programmes without problems, but I have been trying to configure the recorder to change channels on Tiscali TV so I can programme the timer properly. I know people have made it to work on Sky+, but I have not...
March 16th 08 08:13 PM
by Luiz Lima Go to last post
0 204
HUMAX PVR - inaccurate recording starts. by Dickie mint
Anyone else with a Humax 9200T PVR notice that if you set "Series Link" (SL)it fails to use "Accurate Record" (AR) to start a recording? We were away in Sheffield last week and the week before for several days, and recorded a lot of stuff. Watching it all it seems, from the small number of recordings, that two conclusions can be inferred: 1. BBC1, BBC2 and itv1 programmes which have been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 08 03:46 PM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
10 683
Recommend a PVR by Lister
I am about to get my own flat, so I want to wire the place for sound, etc. What do you recommend?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 08 09:30 PM
by Ian Go to last post
30 894
Wanted: PVR with remote control via telephone line by Philip Green
Mum is 81 years old and chronically unable to get a grasp of "modern technology". She was, just about, able to enter showview numbers into the showview handset and thus record programmes from the terrestrial channels with her VCR. Now she has a Humax Freeview PVR but cannot use it. What PVR would allow me to control it from my home (I live in the Netherlands) entering whatever she asks me to...
March 3rd 08 10:30 AM
by Nemo Go to last post
5 749
Post New Thread