Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Seeking a reliable and non-rubbishy HD recorder by D.M. Procida
First we had a Thomson box. It was fine. Then the PSU stopped working, and it looked like I'd need to buy a Grundig PSU, and mess about with lower-profile capacitors etc to get it working. So I got one from Maplin, that rejoiced in the name "Vulva" (OK, I think it was "Voava"). It was a bit rubbish; it was very complex to use. Then one of the TV tuners stopped working. Then it stopped...
November 19th 08 10:28 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
6 331
Tuner/PVR for FREESAT and ASTRA1 by Philip Green
I'm looking for advice. I want to watch and record FREESAT from ASTRA2 and various channels from ASTRA1. I'm already aware of the Visiosat wide satellite dishes, but I'm now wondering about the tuner/PVR. Is there any satellite kit that will allow me to simultaneously watch a FREESAT programme and record a programme from a different satellite or vice
October 24th 08 11:47 AM
by Philip Green Go to last post
0 183
Electronics by riya
Electronics is the field of manipulating electrical currents and voltages using passive and active components that are connected together to create circuits. Electronic circuits range from a simple load resistor that converts a current to a voltage, to computer central-processing units (CPUs) that can contain more than a million transistors. The following indices and documents provide a...
October 20th 08 01:25 PM
by riya Go to last post
0 197
TViX PVR R-3330 works in the UK ? by Simon Slavin
Does anyone know anything about using this http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/products/PVRR-3310.aspx In the UK ? How do I tell if a PVR is FreeView compatible (including the EPG) ? That page is a little strange (no mention of a remote control, for example) but here's the English manual in PDF (this is an FTP link):
October 19th 08 05:03 PM
by Snotty Go to last post
1 216
BBC2 EPG - Heroes - 8 October by neverwas[_3_]
Question: did anyone else find that a "series link" recording of Heroes started late this evening? My problem: our Humax PVR9200 was set to record using "series link". It missed the first 22 minutes, starting part-way through. Background The Humax was powered up around 19:00 so it should have had a complete EPG by 21:00. When I noticed the recording start (late) at about 21:22 I checked...
October 9th 08 09:16 PM
by neverwas[_3_] Go to last post
2 172
lost time on PVR9200 by Paul Kelly
We have a Humax 9200 PVR The set shows the time when it is on and also shows the time when the go to stand-by button is pressed on the remote control to get into a standby condition when connected to the mains. But when we get up in the morning there is no time shown -just lines where the time would be. Whilst the set is under guarantee living where we do it will take ages
September 8th 08 04:10 PM
by Paul Kelly Go to last post
5 230
The pace of technology by Simon Slavin
groan I was asked by a colleague at work today whether I could recommend a Blu- Ray recorder with built-in FreeView tuners. At least that's what he'd have asked for had he known the right words. Simon. -- http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk
September 5th 08 04:12 PM
by The dog from that film you saw Go to last post
1 185
Rooflights And Skylights by aathi[_4_]
Rooflights And Skylights Constructions Crippa spa http://constructsparts.blogspot.com/
July 31st 08 12:54 PM
by aathi[_4_] Go to last post
0 184
New Humax FreeView PVR to be launched by Simon Slavin
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/dvdpvr/0,39030701,49298314,00.htm "The PVR-9300 will arrive in shops on 1 August and will cost £200. A 150GB version will also be available for £150." Pretty-much the same internals as the T-9200, but box has a new, more stylish design. Straight FreeView (not FreeSat). New HDMI port, but doesn't handle HD broadcasts (as far as the writer knows). I guess this is...
July 27th 08 04:29 PM
by Dr Zoidberg[_3_] Go to last post
7 268
Constructions Tamil nadu by aathi[_2_]
Constructions Tamil nadu Take A Break Win Rs10,000 every Week http://constructsparts.blogspot.com/
July 23rd 08 01:02 PM
by aathi[_2_] Go to last post
0 163
Reduced price Humax by Noon
Saw this on the Martin Lewis weekly email http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/prodCat2.asp?cat=Factory from http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/money-tips-email-faqs
July 23rd 08 09:53 AM
by Noon Go to last post
0 2,510
Toppy probs. Not finding programmes :-( by Steve Olive
Hi all. My Toppy seems to struggle to find things. (Using MyStuff) I've got a timer set for 'Top Gear', all channels, match anywhere etc....in fact the loosest possible search terms. It knows Top Gear was on tonight, and it knows it's on next Sunday too, but will it set a timer for it? Will it my arse.... What might I be missing here?
July 6th 08 05:18 PM
by News Will Go to last post
3 167
sky pay once deal by ME&YOU
I'm considering getting the Sky 'PAY ONCE, WATCH FOREVER' package for 75 I currently have a freeview box/pvr - would I be able to connect it up to the sky box to record? Or if necessary, if I got a new pvr only would it be able to be connected tot he sky box to record?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 08 09:06 AM
by Lakshman pushpakumara Gunathilaka Go to last post
12 1,380
Humax/Technika question. by P & H Macguire
Can the Technika AEDTR160S7 really be almost as good as the Humax t9200 at about half the price? I must say I'm tempted (Tesco at 87, for the Technika) Regards Pat Macguire
June 17th 08 10:39 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
3 233
CIRCUITCITY BANKRUPTCY by PREETHI
http://onenesstemplenemam.blogspot.com http://chapter13bankruptcy1.blogspot.com http://bankruptcylawyer1.blogspot.com http://chapter7bankruptcy1.blogspot.com http://bankruptcyforms.blogspot.com http://circuitcitybankruptcy.blogspot.com http://bankruptcycourt1.blogspot.com
June 13th 08 04:42 PM
by PREETHI Go to last post
0 147
Can a Freesat PVR record radio programmes? by Philip Green
My digibox cannot be 'told' to switch to a radio station for a certain programme because the radio presets do not have EPG information. I can't tell it to switch at a certain time either. Will these shortcomings be resolved by Freesat? -- Thanks and regards, Philip.
June 10th 08 10:17 AM
by Philip Green Go to last post
8 306
Hard Drive by Winder
Computer Data Recovery Help 24/7 Data recovering tools and services is our focus. We will recover your data in a cost effective and efficient manner. We recover all operating systems and media. Call for a free consultation. http://a.uuload.com/Computer-Data-Recovery.htm LiveVault's Online Recovery Service Protect vital data with LiveVault's offsite backup and data...
June 8th 08 09:14 AM
by Winder Go to last post
0 170
Newbie dvd hdd by Adrian C
furnessvale wrote: I am a newbie looking for a group where I can discuss problems I have with a JVC DR-MX1S dvd/vhs/hdd. uk.tech.tv.video.pvr added OK. Pull up a chair and sit down. What drink would you like? Lay on us the problem ;-)
June 3rd 08 09:06 PM
by Slitheen[_4_] Go to last post
9 322
Sell Evisu jeans RMC Jeans Gstar jeans Armani Jeans ggg jeans rockjeans by 1201
Website: www.agogoplaza.com Professional,High quality,Good price,Fast Service. we supply brand jean,high qualith with low price: Evisu jeans RMC Jeans Gstar jeans Armani Jeans ggg jeans rock jeans Ed- hardy jeans etc. please contact us,thank you: www.agogoplaza.com
May 30th 08 05:09 AM
by 1201 Go to last post
0 248
Freesat by Steven Campbell[_2_]
Anyone using a freesat PVR? I'm interested to hear if existing Sky dishes can be used for Freesat and what channels are broadcasting HD? Cheers Steven.
May 24th 08 07:56 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
5 255
Post New Thread