Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
7 day freeview to go live on wendesday 5th may by Ancipital
A little bird (no names, no pact drill) told me that the Freeview EPG will be going out with 7 days worth of info from the 5th. I checked on the DTG site, and it was confirmed: http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/-freeview_epg_london.htm Enjoy. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 04 10:26 AM
by Ancipital Go to last post
11 436
Pace PVR 7 day EPG - Freeview roll-out by Richard
Nice to see tha they quote the PACE PVR as one of the freeview boxes that will decode the signal. I hope by this they actually do mean the PACE Twin and not some other box. http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/-freeview_epg_london.htm
May 11th 04 10:24 AM
by Ancipital Go to last post
4 348
tutv & pace twin by Michael Robertson
will the top-up tv card work ok with the pace twin ? many thanks in advance.
May 10th 04 11:37 AM
by Ancipital Go to last post
3 255
Panasonic E85 HD question by RJH
Hi - not sure if anyone can help with this but here goes ... When I record using certain settings (the ones I want) with the E85 the manual says it's recorded in 4:3 aspect - 16:9 isn't an option. When I play back a disk on the computer they are indeed 4:3 - 768 x 576. However when I play the same disk on the E85, or a Sony DVD player, or the file from the E85's hard disk they look (to my...
May 3rd 04 05:24 PM
by RJH Go to last post
0 222
Tivo with Alzheimers...(UK) by Zomaar
Hi, My Tivo seems to have lost its programme info, many of the SP's I set up have got no upcoming episodes, even though I know they are coming... If I "Search By Title", it shows *some* of them - but when I select them, it bombs me back to "Now Showing" If it doesn't find the programme I want to record by doing a "Search By Title", I can do a manual record, and it finds it, identifies it and...
May 3rd 04 03:38 PM
by Zomaar Go to last post
2 263
Am I expecting too much from a PVR? by Chris Croughton
On 12 Apr 2004 02:33:02 -0700, Ed wrote: Out of interest where is the analogue Eurosport signal coming from? Is that analogue satellite or cable? A better idea might be to update that to digital and get a digital PVR on that. OK, so who makes a cable box with digital output? And in what form and encoding? Could you feed that into a DTT PVR? My NTL Pace 2000...
May 2nd 04 05:37 PM
by Chris Croughton Go to last post
6 365
TiVo and Marantz RC 3200 by Steve Jackson
Can anyone tell me if the Marantz RC 3200 works fully with a UK TiVo please? Thanks in advance. -- :: Steve Jackson - My site: http://tinyurl.com/iisf :: Use Amazon? http://tinyurl.com/4kdn to help a preschool charity :: Gamertag: SteJay AC: Name/town: Stejay/Jacktown :: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega." - Brodie (Mallrats)
May 1st 04 10:24 PM
by Steve Jackson Go to last post
0 241
Which FreeView STB to use with TiVo? by Neil Jowsey
Hiya, Following the recommendations posted to this group I've purchased a TiVo and intend to use this with a second (dedicated to TiVo) FreeView STB. This gives me the ability to watch one FreeView channel while recording another. I'm looking for an ex ON-digital box as they are cheap and give me the chance to subscribe to top-up TV. I've seen the ones that are TiVo compatible here.......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 04 06:44 PM
by Simon Heather Go to last post
15 594
MythTV/Freevo/Etc Will it ever support Hauppauge PVR USB2?? by Ben Nguyen
My pc doesnt have any more PCI slots, but I would like to get a MythTv or Freevo or Ebox/davedina box running. Anyone know if those USB PVRs will ever be supported? BTW, the commercial Snapstream BeyondTV works with the Hauppauge PVR USB2, but hey Im cheap!!! Besides, MythTV seems more interesting!
April 30th 04 02:32 AM
by Ben Nguyen Go to last post
0 243
JUST RELEASED 80 HR SKY + by Simon Gardner
In article [email protected], "Sky Plus" wrote: JUST RELEASED 80 HR SKY + Nope. Still don't want to pay Murdoch for the privilege of using my own pvr.
April 29th 04 06:24 PM
by Simon Gardner Go to last post
0 190
Freeview PVR by Cyril
"Ed" wrote in message ... T H Z wrote in message ... We have Sky+ and we want a Freeview PVR. snip My advice therefore would be to wait.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 04 10:21 AM
by Carl Waring Go to last post
14 490
Bleb.org XMLTV Listings by Mental Nurse
Is the site down or something ? Is there an alternative as I seem to have no connection whatsoever. Pinging gives me no reponse. Is it the site or just my duff connection ? Doug
April 28th 04 03:44 PM
by Chris Croughton Go to last post
1 301
Which Sky box is best to use with Tivo by James Hart
I'm on Freeview at the moment but would like to get satelite for Motors TV. As I understand things it's a free channel so no subscription needed, however I haven't got any sat gear to get it with so... What's the best Sky box to work with Tivo or are they all pretty much the same? -- James... www.jameshart.co.uk
April 19th 04 11:13 AM
by Cyril Go to last post
2 245
Help please: connecting up all those boxes by Steve Hill
Hi, firstly apologies for cross-posting - I didn't know the correct forum for my question. Basically, I want to know the best way to connect up my four 'visual' boxes, ie. not counting my HiFi separates. I have: Sony DVD: two SCARTs (Line 1 RGB-TV) (Line 2) Hitachi TV: two SCARTs (AV1 - RGB I think) (AV2) - TV a few years old
April 18th 04 12:23 PM
by Steve Hill Go to last post
0 215
Humax PVR 8000T by Richard
I understand that it may be possible to increase the HDD from 40MB to 160MB. Has anyone done this yet? Only had the kit for a month but so far reception etc. is rock solid . I use it in conjunction with a Nokia 221T so I can watch one digital channel whilst recording or replaying another, no need to wait for a twin version:-)) Richard.
April 14th 04 03:08 PM
by Ancipital Go to last post
3 503
TiVO-Like PC application by Knut Eldhuset
Khyle wrote: Hi there. I'm trying to find something which works in a similar way to TiVO's ability to pause live TV, and record the programming to a hard drive. I did ask elsewhere but all they could help me with was Linux applications, and I need this for the Windows platform. I'm preferably looking for Open-Source or otherwise free but if it...
April 14th 04 01:42 PM
by Knut Eldhuset Go to last post
0 220
TiVO-Like PC application by herbs
Try www.gottvpvr.com and then download the epg listings from http://www.bleb.org/tv/ Both of these are free to use. "Khyle" wrote in message news:%[email protected] Hi there. I'm trying to find something which works in a similar way to TiVO's ability to pause live TV, and record the programming to a hard drive. I did ask
April 13th 04 10:17 PM
by herbs Go to last post
0 240
5.1 speakers for PC PVR by John Bailey
Hi I'm in the late planning stages of putting together a PVR system. I'm looking for a set of 5.1 speakers which do not all connect to the subwoofer box. My living room is not that big, so I don't need that much power, although I would like it to be there if required. John
April 13th 04 12:17 PM
by John Bailey Go to last post
0 208
Freeview PVR by Graham in Melton
On 12/4/04 10:39 am, in article , "Ed" wrote: T H Z wrote in message ... We have Sky+ and we want a Freeview PVR. Greedy eh?
April 12th 04 08:11 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
0 207
Pace Twin by Ancipital
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:45:54 +0100, P and H Macguire wrote: Anyone in this group have a Pace Twin and is perfectly happy with it? Yes, and yes. I presume this is just to provoke a discussion about the bugs that some people see, though? -- http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 04 10:52 AM
by Geoff Winkless Go to last post
18 435