Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
remote control question by rogv
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work. The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the remote control. Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has to be a Mitsubishi remote? thanks
March 2nd 09 08:36 AM
by Tony[_10_] Go to last post
6 244
LCD TV repair question by [email protected]
Hi I have an Acoustic Solutions 32" HD ready LCD TV. What the problem is, is that when i try to power on the television, sometimes the television will power on and work fine however more often when i attempt to power on the television the stand-by light turns off (as if it is turning on) then it will come back on and the television stays off. Can anyone tell me what is the problem, how much would...
February 21st 09 11:21 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
2 193
The great digital rip-off by Bill Wright
Hello everyone, Bill Wright here. Please have the patience to read this! You could really help us achieve something worthwhile.
February 12th 09 07:32 PM
by Broadback Go to last post
1 164
TV distribution equipment (advert) by Bill Wright
There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvaerialguy_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits and bobs. Bill
February 8th 09 08:28 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 177
Noisy Humax pvr by [email protected][_2_]
Got this from a distributor For info... This weekend there will be another transmission of the over air upgrade for the PVR9300T. This will finish at approximately 9 am on Monday morning. Following this, at 11am on Monday will commence the same for the PVR9150T which which run for one week until 9am the following Monday.
February 7th 09 08:10 PM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
0 217
Humax sorted at last by news.btinternet.com[_2_]
I finally picked up my Humax FreeSat recorder just after Christmas, then more delay over the waiting for the satellite dish to be installed and the PVR setup. The installer arrived 7.45 am, 14th January in freezing fog from Cinderford, Forest of Dean to my home in the West Midlands. The signal was good and he quickly ran through the setup and had gone by 9.00pm. I soon had problems with the...
January 28th 09 08:56 PM
by Peter[_4_] Go to last post
1 220
BTVision v-box record schedule problem by Chris Slade
Today I noticed that all of my scheduled recordings had disappeared from the v-box, although all of the series record settings remained intact. I managed to retrieve the schedule by editing the series settings. Has anyone else noticed this problem on the v-box? -- Chris
January 28th 09 05:59 PM
by Chris Slade Go to last post
0 171
PVR recommendation by Dave {}[_2_]
I'm looking to get a PVR to plug into my Surround Sound AMP (Onkyo TX-SR806). Any recommendations on which one to get?
January 27th 09 06:58 PM
by PCPaul Go to last post
9 288
Is There anybody There by I'm Old Greg
Is this group still used as I haven't had any new posts here for some time
January 26th 09 09:40 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
3 220
freesat pc card by Samwisethecat
Hi does anybody know of a PCI or USB PC card that can be used with freesat and pickup the freesat EPG? I'm looking to make my own media center box with freesat Thanks Marcus
January 5th 09 05:41 PM
by John Sager[_2_] Go to last post
1 803
Disec on Humax Freesat PVR by widgitt
My turn to ask for advice. The Humax Freesat PVR has Disec switching...it says so in the book and also if you set it up with just one LNB, it goes through an antenna test routine and, on my system which has the Freesat/Sky LNB on disec "1", it sorts it out and comes to life. Surely there is a way to select the other disec inputs, but how?
January 4th 09 11:06 PM
by widgitt Go to last post
4 260
best way to distribute AV around house by dave @ stejonda[_2_]
I'll keep this short because it doesn't seem entirely relevant here but I couldn't see a better ng. Suggestions welcomed. I'd like to distribute the RF2 outputs from a Sky+ box in the living-room & a Sky box in the back bedroom upstairs to each of the other 4 rooms with as little cabling and as much finesse as possible. I currently have runs of cable providing the Sky+ in the kitchen and...
December 29th 08 10:43 PM
by widgitt Go to last post
7 1,444
Has anyone been able to buy a Humax FOXSAT-HDR ? by Simon Slavin
Has anyone been able to buy a Humax FOXSAT-HDR ? If so, what do you think of it ? Simon. -- http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk
December 26th 08 09:44 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
9 352
Reports on Humax FOXSAT-HDR please by Simon Slavin
Please post any reports (or pointers to their URL) from actual users of the new Humax FOXSAT-HDR. http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_stb_satellite_foxsathdr.as p I'm especially interested in annoying bugs, upload/download with Macintosh, how good the user-interface is, how well laid-out the EPG is, what can be done with the Ethernet port, how good the remote control is to use. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 08 02:15 AM
by widgitt Go to last post
16 1,686
Toppy question. by Michael Swift
I've been a bit of a traitor to my Topfield 5800 since I got my Virgin Media V+ box so I haven't used it much however one of those once in a lifetime events happened the other night, 4 programmes worth watching, so I fired up the Toppy, installed update 5.14.08 and set the recording, which failed. Doing a few trial I've found it isn't coming out of standby to record but will work if running a...
December 9th 08 10:11 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
8 266
2-way sat splitter by Rand Al'Thor
I've got on order a Humax Foxsat + HDR. I only have one LNB feed from my sat dish, if I use a 2-way splitter what am I going to miss out on please? Item in question is: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9273 tnx, Alan
December 7th 08 11:42 PM
by widgitt Go to last post
1 287
Thomson TUTV pvr, how to? by Adice Please
Hi The brief version first: I have a Thomson 160gb PVR (DVB-T) originally supplied at cut price as package with Top Up TV. If I remove the smart card (TUTV, Sedanta etc) I also lose access to all other features such as the EPG and the archived programs on the HDD. A dialog appears on screen that those features are only available as part of the subscription to TUTV. Without the card it is a basic...
December 4th 08 02:55 PM
by misar Go to last post
2 517
Digihome dtr140 or 160 - any thoughts by nog[_2_]
I am looking at a Digihome dtr140 or probably dtr160 Anyone got any views on this - only need it for Freeview I have NTL cable but will wait til a more capable box comes on the market! ta Nog
November 30th 08 03:08 PM
by nog[_2_] Go to last post
0 182
Satellite TV is just a joke by Mocky
Satellite TV is just a joke to some people. It certainly is to us at The SatScene! TV is such a rich conduit these days, covering just about every proposition imaginable. But everyone on telly seems to have a point to make, a ladder to climb or a flag to wave. And what a fabulous array of palpable targets all that posturing provides! That, and the truly awful 'reality TV' dreamed up by programme...
November 29th 08 12:34 AM
by Mocky Go to last post
0 219
Nichimen PVR1622 - any good? by Roger Mills
I see that Maplin are offering this re-furbished twin tuner, 160GB PVR at 50. Anyone bought one? Any comments? Looking at past discussions in various forums, early models seem to have suffered from standby lockup. I'm wondering whether the current offering has the latest firmware, and whether such issues have been resolved. -- Cheers,
November 22nd 08 03:26 PM
by Roger Mills Go to last post
0 522
Post New Thread