Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Humax Freeview+ PVRs by neverwas[_3_]
This is just in case there are any users of Humax Freeview+ PVRs who read here but are not registered to receive emails from with Humax. I received the following in an e-mail today: "While in writing we are aware that a small number of Freeview+ PVR users are experiencing issues with their remote controls being sluggish or unresponsive, and boxes occasionally locking up following the recent...
November 26th 09 05:02 PM
by neverwas[_3_] Go to last post
0 221
TiVo announces partnership with Virgin Media in the U.K. by The dog from that film you saw
"Adrian C" wrote in message ... TiVo is coming back to the UK. http://tivo.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=419 (Why... oh Why... Virgin.... :-(....)
November 25th 09 10:18 PM
by The dog from that film you saw Go to last post
0 216
nice article on el reg by Ian[_8_]
Here's a link to an article by Nigel Whitfield on freeview HD http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/23/freeview_hd_questions_answered/ Very well written Mr Whitfield. Thanks! Ian.
November 23rd 09 09:52 PM
by Ian[_8_] Go to last post
0 297
Humax 9150 Freezing by Michael Shergold
This is happening more and more frequently resulting in lost recordings and partial recordings.. Anyone else got this problem.. Of course it didn't start till after the guarantee expired.. I have to power off at the wall to get it to recover.. Remote seems not to do anything in this state... -- Michael in sunny Sussex, England
November 3rd 09 07:37 PM
by tim.... Go to last post
1 796
changing hard disk by critcher[_3_]
here's the story............ got hold of a sata 2.5in laptop drive wd1600bevs, windows sees it, used it to store media files. Thought I would try to install in either my sky+ thomson 160gb or my luxor 250 gb pvr Bought a sata to ide adapter which i used on my pc to see the drive, all ok. Used copy + to place all of my recorded programs onto 2.5 disk, no problem, all copied ook placed the...
October 6th 09 04:09 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
4 282
Topfield TF5810 adds bookmark at 99% by Simon Slavin
Topfield TF5810 Software TF-NTP 5.15.09T (as supplied by Turbosat) No TAPS, never has had a TAP on it. Retuned on the 30th, but problem occurred before and after retune. I've recently (a month or so ago) had a strange thing start happening to my TF5810. To almost all recordings it adds a bookmark at 99% through the recording. Has anyone else seen this ? TurboSat says it hasn't heard of it...
October 5th 09 07:33 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
0 192
Bit OT, Philips Pronto by Periproct
I want to start using my old Philips Pronto (programmable remote for anybody who hasn't come across it) that has been gathering dust for a while now. I'm trying to find a really good UK site dedicated to the Pronto that I used to use but google hasn't come up with it. I'm guessing it has died due to lack of financial support (I'm guilty here) but I'd like to know for sure. Anybody remembr the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 09 08:06 AM
by Periproct Go to last post
10 309
Topfield 5800 zero-length recordings indicate HD failure by Simon Slavin
A long time ago (six months ?) I posted here asking about zero-length recordings I was getting on my Topfield 5800. Since then the hard disk has completely failed. Considering it has been in heavy use for over four years, that's not too bad. But it does suggest that the zero-length recordings were an early indication that the hard disk was going to fail.I'm just posting this in case it might...
July 11th 09 09:20 AM
by John[_8_] Go to last post
1 270
PVR that can join my PC network by T[_2_]
I think it is time to get a PVR however I would like one that can join my home network, preferably wirelessly. I want to be able to program it from my PC, stream and back up the recordings to my PC. I don't want to use an actual PC as I want to avoid endless configuring etc. I have never had a PC where the power management was reliable enough. Does such a machine exist and has anyone any...
July 4th 09 10:38 PM
by T[_2_] Go to last post
0 219
Installing 2 tuner cards by TVeblen
I hate to be a numpty, but I am considering installing a second TV tuner card in my PC and want to be prepared for installation. Currently I am using an old P4 desktop with a Hauppauge HVR-1600 card, recording with the WinTV Scheduler software. Works OK, if you can get by the clunky software. I want to install a second HVR-1600 to record 2 programs at once. The question is: do I install the...
June 13th 09 12:48 PM
by TVeblen Go to last post
2 183
Recorded programs wiped off by john royce
Have got a Humax pvr-9200T it's now a few years old. For some reason it crashed and i had to switch it off at the mains and now all my recorded programs are wiped off. It had been playing up a bit before that with the recorded programs being listed exactly the same two or three times. Is it likely that the hard drive is jiggered? If so, could i replace it easily myself by buying a hard...
June 4th 09 09:32 PM
by neverwas[_3_] Go to last post
2 203
My turn for a Humax 9150 question... by Steve Olive[_2_]
Hi group. Browsing around here made up my mind to buy a 9150 for my mother. I'm a Toppy man but the Humax seemed to be a good choice for her. Three questions if anyone would be kind enough to help. 1 - It looks like the only way to quickly record the current show is to be full screen with it and hit the 'record' button. It seems that you can't hit record in the EPG screen to do the same...
May 24th 09 09:43 PM
by widgitt Go to last post
7 261
Suitable Freeview box for VCR? by 2Bdecided
On 7 May, 19:14, "Norman Wells" wrote: No, it's the other things you wouldn't want to give up, like being able to take the original recorded medium out of the machine, and give it to someone else or play it somewhere more convenient. Or being able to store the original recording virtually forever without fear of losing everything through something serendipitous...
May 14th 09 01:13 PM
by 2Bdecided Go to last post
4 220
Suitable Freeview box for VCR? by 2Bdecided
On 7 May, 19:13, Adrian C wrote: Zimmy wrote: Then there's all the fun of finding which of at least 5 unlabelled cassettes you recorded onto, snip How silly of me, why would anyone want to give all that up?
May 13th 09 09:51 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
1 290
Humax PVR - filetypes? by Martin Green
Hi I recently treated myself to a Humax Foxsat-HDR (Great bit of kit!) This has a USB2 port to attached additional storage devices, pen drives etc. I have copied a couple of recordings from the built-in hard disc to a pen-drive and found that it creates 3 files for each recording with file extensions I have not seen before, .HMT, .MTS and .TS. Anyone know what they are and how I can...
May 7th 09 10:08 PM
by Martin Green Go to last post
4 1,332
PVR with remote eye? by Newbie
Anyone know if you can get a PVR that has the facility to use the remote eye for operation in another like aka a SKy box? Thanks
May 6th 09 11:11 AM
by Newbie Go to last post
0 198
TiVo plays intro video a lot by Dave Weaver
I have a series 1 Thompson TiVo, which is still serving me well after many years. However, recently I've noticed that after watching a recording and trying to return to the main menu, it will often play the introductory video. It never used to do that. This isn't a big deal (it's only one button-press to skip it, after all), but I know that I have changed no settings and, unless my cats are...
April 20th 09 02:39 PM
by Dave Weaver Go to last post
5 243
Hauppauge WinTVNOVA-S USB - Firmware ? by Ian Robertson
Hi , Am trying to get a Hauppauge WinTVNOVA-S USB to work with mythtv / fedora10 however I am not able to get to tune. I bought the card on fleabay without install disk so have no firmware that way. dmesg shows no missing firmware errors, however the linuxtv wiki suggests that firmware is required http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S_USB however is not helpfull on how to...
April 15th 09 11:49 AM
by Ian Robertson Go to last post
0 168
Strange behaviour of PVR by Phil[_2_]
I've recently got a Humax PVR9150 and set the recording times to start 3 minutes early and finish 5 minutes late. However, on Sunday I decided to try the 'accurate recording' setting and set Time Team on C4 to record. I started watching about 25 minutes into the programme and finished about 15 minutes after it should have finished recording. But it was still recording half an hour later...
March 15th 09 02:01 PM
by Rojo Habe[_2_] Go to last post
2 206
Cheap, easy to use PVR? by Dave {}[_2_]
Any recommendations for a good, cheap, easy to use PVR with dual digital tuners?
March 4th 09 09:25 PM
by Dave {}[_2_] Go to last post
3 229
Post New Thread