Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Have I bricked my pvr (remote control)? by Keith
I have a Panasonic DMR-XS350EB - worked fine. Today the TV (ancient Protech) failed so I bought a Panasonic TX-L32X20B, theory being Panasonic DVD Recorder/Panasonic TV combo, no problems. Reality: whilst setting up DVD remote to control TV (it worked fine when I tuned it for the Protech) I have got the DVD displaying "DVD 3" and the remote no longer controls the DVD recorder, but does, now, work...
December 30th 10 10:29 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 185
Pioneer DVR-940 by Fed Up Lurker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0YS8Mf6Eiw
December 27th 10 01:10 AM
by Fed Up Lurker Go to last post
0 219
Combined Freeview HD and DVD recorder by Fredxx
A friend of mine has bought a Samsung DVD-SH893M/XEU which is most disappointing. Apart from not recording when it all seems it should, I have had it crash a few times where only responding to a cold boot by turning off and back on again. It also doesn't have two Freeview tuners, so you can't watch one prgram whilst watching another through the machine. I have since seem reviews are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 26th 10 11:51 PM
by Fed Up Lurker Go to last post
27 612
TF5800PVR - suspect disk has died by Bill Davy
It was locked up when I started watching this evening. Cycled power and the "checking files and folders" display stayed up for quarter of an hour. Recycled power again, and the menus have the disk operations greyed out, and I cannot get a display of recorded programmes (of which there are several). Listening carefully, I cannot hear the disk (can I usually?). I accept I will have lost...
September 21st 10 04:35 PM
by Bill Davy Go to last post
4 256
humax 9200T over air download today by john hamilton[_3_]
humax over air software update download today
July 14th 10 11:48 AM
by aiden Go to last post
1 316
instant freeze after television connection by john hamilton[_3_]
Neighbours Humax pvr 9200T freezes the television program picture about two seconds just after the downloader program has done its job. It does exactly the same thing everytime. We have tried swithching off the power and disconnecting all the lead connections for minutes and we are no better off. I suspect it not do the recent software update that was sent out very recently. We will do this...
July 12th 10 08:04 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
2 515
My Humax display just shows ---- by HelterSkelter7
Hi Guys Hope you can help. My Humax 9200T is about 2 years old, all been ok, although it freezes occassionaly. A quick power down normally sorts this no problem. However, I went to it today, and there was already a frozen screen showing (I don't bother going into standby overnight), no response from the controller ... so powered down and back on. Now, it comes up with the Loader Version screen...
June 12th 10 05:53 PM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
3 463
slow response on Humax by john hamilton[_2_]
We have a Humax 9200T. It's been very sluggish lately responding to the remote control (sometimes taking half a minute before it does what it's asked to do). It is not the control that is at fault since it behaves the same using another control. We have restored it to the default setting and disconnected it from the mains and disconnected the aerial for a couple fo minutes. Also the clock...
May 22nd 10 12:05 PM
by Robin[_7_] Go to last post
1 245
cd recorded on to the pvr by Adrian C
On 04/05/2010 17:00, john hamilton wrote: I have a cd player and humax pvr 9200T plugged into my tv. Is there any way I can set it up to play the cd into the tv and then record it back on to the humax? Thanks for advice. No. The humax only records already compressed DVB video streams from the air. There is no audio (or video) input like a standard VCR has.
May 4th 10 04:12 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
0 248
All regions DVD. by Clive.
I've got an old Sony region 2 DVD player which I had chipped to play region 1 discs. I'd like to replace it with a machine that has two digital tuners a hard drive and a DVD recorder along with the ability to play region 1 discs. Does anyone know if Sony are still locked to region 2, if so is there a firm that will chip it to play any region, or any other reputable make to fulfil my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 10 02:54 PM
by zulu Go to last post
15 714
DVD or Hard Disk Recorder for CCTV? by Lloyd[_2_]
Hello, I have just acquired a CCTV system that uses a scart socket to plug in to TV. I want to be able to record the pictures live but for as many hours as possible, I guess a week would be handy if not too expensive! The recording is just in case anything happens on the CCTV and I need to use it as evidence, time and date stamp would be handy.....I also need to be able to output to a DVD or the...
March 1st 10 01:17 PM
by Lloyd[_2_] Go to last post
9 416
luxor pvr by critcher[_3_]
I had a problem with my Luxor 250 gbt pvr telling me my hard drive didn't exist, so I removed it and connected it to my winxp machine. Went into comp management and to storage/disk management,and made the partitions unallocated which gave me the full storage amount. Connected the disk back to pvr, reconnected power with on/off switch held down untill format showed in window, then let go of...
February 16th 10 07:00 PM
by critcher[_3_] Go to last post
2 1,065
recording the whole of running tv program by john bently
I have a humax pvr 9200t. if i'm watching a television program from its beginning, and then decide to record all that program from its beginning, is there any alternative to rewinding it to the start of the tv program and then pressing the record button?
January 29th 10 12:34 PM
by john bently Go to last post
9 354
Twin Tuner, PVR by Jeweller
I'm looking for one of these. Humax PVR9300T 320GB Twin Tuner, PVR is touted as the best option here and there, but there are also lots of adverse comments regarding its reliability. Previously I had been reading more positive reviews of the Sagem family of PVRs, but none in the mainstream ie here(? it's a big newsgroup and I have my excuses). So I'm as ignorant as ever.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 10 06:46 PM
by Jeweller Go to last post
15 496
hd pvr by michele casa
first sorry for my english then...does it exist a pvr that allows me to record a hd program from sat receiver mantening the original hd quality? thanks for replyes.... mike
January 8th 10 11:00 PM
by Careful Go to last post
2 665
Well the title says video.. by Brian Gaff
So, I have been asked to ask this, but I'm sure I already know the answer. Why do we not see a tape based vcr with freeview tuners etc. Many people have lots of tapes and find problems with the vd operation and the pvr is restrictive as you might want to watch it at a friends house. OK, this is the sort of backwards ideas we need right now. Retro forever! Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 10 10:10 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
13 484
Humax , HDMI and aspect ratios by Dr Zoidberg[_5_]
I've seen a couple of mentions that if you use the HDMI output on a PVR9300T , it doesn't switch between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios correctly. Is this still the case , and does it also apply to the Foxsat HDR , as if so it's a total non-starter for me. I *really* don't like incorrectly scaled images and don't want to keep having to reach for the TV remote as well. -- Alex
January 1st 10 02:20 AM
by widgitt Go to last post
7 1,115
Freeview+ Signal by Second Time Lucky
Hi all I have a Thomson Top Up Tv Box the 250gig one which appears to work very well and I'm happy with. However I have noticed that it failed to record the 2nd episode of Coronation Street on Mondat night although I had the series link option selected, will be interesting to see if it records the show on 31st december. Also a few other shows seem to be recorded after they have started,...
December 29th 09 05:54 PM
by Second Time Lucky Go to last post
0 238
Humax PVR 9300 software by widgitt
Can someone point me exactly to the most recent software for a 9300 and explain in very simple steps how to download it to the computer and then to the box from the computer. There seem to be many roundabout descriptions and links as to how to find it and how to do it, but I need to be led through it. When I have looked for it from links towards Humax I seem to get a page of Korean or something...
November 27th 09 07:11 PM
by Dr Zoidberg[_5_] Go to last post
4 583
TiVo announces partnership with Virgin Media in the U.K. by Adrian C
TiVo is coming back to the UK. http://tivo.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=419 (Why... oh Why... Virgin.... :-(....) -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 09 12:25 AM
by Mike Henry Go to last post