iMac 27/5K + Sony STR-DN1040 HDMI pass through settings?

Old August 24th 16, 05:22 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Nancy[_2_]

Default iMac 27/5K + Sony STR-DN1040 HDMI pass through settings?

Hi!

I have an iMac 27/5K running El Capitan connected to a Sony STR-DN1040
receiver and to a Samsung Big-Screen TV via HDMI to watch HD movies and
listen to music and although I achieved very good Video & Audio but I´m
not sure about the correct iMac HDMI settings.

Videos and audio files are playing through VLC player, but El Capitan
Audio MIDI setup (via Audio MIDI Setup app in Applications) has several
options, and I’m trying to find out what are the correct settings so
the HDMI signals just pass through as they are to allow the Sony
receiver to be the only device decoding the different Video and Audio
formats, Dolby, DTS, etc.

The iMac MIDI Output setup offers the following options:

Format: 32000 to 1920000 HZ with 2ch – 16-bit integer up to 8ch
– 24-bit integer and Encoded Digital Audio.

For now, I´m using 48000 HZ / 2ch – 16-bit integer and the Sony
receiver is decoding several Dolby formats and also DTS, but I´m not
sure if this is the correct HDMI setting as I don’t want the iMac to be
oversampling the signal nor the Sony receiver not to have the correct
whole HDMI signal without limitations.

I´ll appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance.
Nancy.