Richard's Weather failed to record

Old December 2nd 14, 02:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

Default Richard's Weather failed to record

I set my HDR Fox T2 to record Richard Hammond's weather program last
night at 9 pm, but it didn't do so. There is a reference to 'Failed to
track program' when I play what it did save.
I got it later via iPlayer, I think, although from what I saw, there
was a huge mis-match with the subtitles, the display having come and
gone before Hammond got around to speaking the words.

Any idea what the actual fault was that caused it to fail to record?

--
Davey.
Old December 2nd 14, 06:23 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Mike[_22_]

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 14:16:40 +0000, Davey wrote:

Any idea what the actual fault was that caused it to fail to record?

Probably the PVR was being critical of the huge waste of time of an hour-
long programme messing about with all sorts of tech to put across a very
few simple points!

Mike.
Old December 2nd 14, 07:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:23:45 -0600
Mike wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 14:16:40 +0000, Davey wrote:

Any idea what the actual fault was that caused it to fail to record?

Probably the PVR was being critical of the huge waste of time of an
hour- long programme messing about with all sorts of tech to put
across a very few simple points!

Mike.

If so, then my time watching it will be very short! Hammond's other
non-Top Gear programmes have been underwhelming, to say the least.

--
Davey.
Old December 3rd 14, 04:27 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Mike[_22_]

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:34:45 +0000, Davey wrote:

If so, then my time watching it will be very short! Hammond's other
non-Top Gear programmes have been underwhelming, to say the least.

Revealing aside from Radio Times' write-up of Episode 2: "And Hammond
flies a helicopter - because he can"!

Mike.
Old December 3rd 14, 04:43 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:27:19 -0600
Mike wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:34:45 +0000, Davey wrote:

If so, then my time watching it will be very short! Hammond's other
non-Top Gear programmes have been underwhelming, to say the least.

Revealing aside from Radio Times' write-up of Episode 2: "And Hammond
flies a helicopter - because he can"!

Mike.

Probably not the Apache that droned past us today at a couple of
hundred feet altitude.

--
Davey.
Old November 30th 15, 11:40 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:16:40 +0000
Davey wrote:

I set my HDR Fox T2 to record Richard Hammond's weather program last
night at 9 pm, but it didn't do so. There is a reference to 'Failed to
track program' when I play what it did save.

Any idea what the actual fault was that caused it to fail to record?

I found the same comment when I sat down this morning to watch the end
of yesterday's Formula 1 Race, also on an HDR Fox T2.
Does anybody know what the actual cause or problem is? There was
nothing else being recorded at the time, and I watched most of the
programme live, so I know it was broadcast. It was nothing to do with
lack of HDD capacity, there is plenty of room available.

--
Davey.