Saving recorded movies from a broken-down PVR.

Old October 20th 14, 03:33 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Peter Jason

Default Saving recorded movies from a broken-down PVR.

Is there any standard way of doing this?
Old October 20th 14, 07:54 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Mike[_19_]

In article ,
Peter Jason wrote:
Is there any standard way of doing this?

What model of PVR? Some are easier than others!

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk

Old October 20th 14, 10:50 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:33:03 +1100
Peter Jason wrote:

Is there any standard way of doing this?

What works and what doesn't, as well as which brand, per Mike?

If it was my Humax, and the part that was broken down was the output to
the TV set, then I would go in via my local network and work on the
programmes from there. They can be exported to the PC and external
storage that way.

--
Davey.
Old October 20th 14, 10:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Peter Jason

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 08:54:15 +0100 (BST), lid (Mike)

Peter Jason wrote:
Is there any standard way of doing this?

What model of PVR? Some are easier than others!

Thanks it's an..
LG LST-5403P

Here's a scan of the drive lable. It's just a Seagate 250GB IDE HDD

http://i57.tinypic.com/jpfwuh.jpg

The small IDE to SATA converter is at the top. Should I worry about
the master/slave bit?

Old October 21st 14, 12:07 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

Peter Jason wrote:
Is there any standard way of doing this?

What model of PVR? Some are easier than others!

Thanks it's an..
LG LST-5403P

Here's a scan of the drive lable. It's just a Seagate 250GB IDE HDD

http://i57.tinypic.com/jpfwuh.jpg

The small IDE to SATA converter is at the top. Should I worry about
the master/slave bit?

What problems does the PVR have? Are you sure that the drive is ok?

--
Davey.
Old October 21st 14, 10:56 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Peter Jason

Peter Jason wrote:
Is there any standard way of doing this?

What model of PVR? Some are easier than others!

Thanks it's an..
LG LST-5403P

Here's a scan of the drive lable. It's just a Seagate 250GB IDE HDD

http://i57.tinypic.com/jpfwuh.jpg

The small IDE to SATA converter is at the top. Should I worry about
the master/slave bit?

What problems does the PVR have? Are you sure that the drive is ok?

It just died, with no activity at all. Anyway I've junked it but
saved the HDD. I have a new one now, a Panasonic DMR-PWT450
that has the usual 2 x HD tuners and a good simple menu arrangement.
I'll keep trying with the HDD to get back the old movies.
Old October 22nd 14, 11:30 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
AnthonyL

wrote:

What model of PVR? Some are easier than others!

Thanks it's an..
LG LST-5403P

It just died, with no activity at all. Anyway I've junked it but
saved the HDD. I have a new one now, a Panasonic DMR-PWT450
that has the usual 2 x HD tuners and a good simple menu arrangement.
I'll keep trying with the HDD to get back the old movies.

Good luck with that. The Topfield uses standard hard drives that have
their own format structure, very large blocks compared to a PC since
it is streaming large files.

Software has been developed to attach these to a PC and read the
format and it seems as if you'll need to try and find something
similar for your LG system. However the earlier Toppy's are renowed
for allowing access to their systems and it would be surprising if LG
are similarly accommodating.

--
AnthonyL