Two Topfields in the same room?

Old February 13th 14, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
T i m

Default Two Topfields in the same room?

Hi all,

We now have two Topfield TF-5800 PVR's in the same room and 'of
course' the remotes work both boxes. ;-(

Now, I have had a bit of a Google and seen mention of alternative
remotes, setting remotes to different modes and taps etc but nothing
specific for 5800s.

Now, one 'remote' is used pretty close to it's box so I could make it
effectively 'wired' by remoting the remote TX LED into the box and
masking the IR window (crude but cheap / easily / predictable) or
maybe seeing if I could replace the IR link with a visible red LED /
red filter on the RX or somesuch, in the hope it wouldn't be 'seen' by
the other or affect the other 'IR' system?

Anyone else sorted this and if so, how please?

Cheers, T i m

Old February 15th 14, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
John[_35_]

http://www.toppy.org.uk/downloads/info.php?tid=160

--
John
Old February 15th 14, 06:39 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
T i m

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:27:07 +0000, John
wrote:

T i m said:

We now have two Topfield TF-5800 PVR's in the same room and 'of
course' the remotes work both boxes. ;-(

Now, I have had a bit of a Google and seen mention of alternative
remotes, setting remotes to different modes and taps etc but nothing
specific for 5800s.

http://www.toppy.org.uk/downloads/info.php?tid=160

Thanks for that John, I'll check it out.

So, should it just be a matter of running the .tap on (say) mine and
using a TF5810 remote, or would I have to use a universal of some sort
(would you know please)?

Cheers, T i m
Old February 16th 14, 08:20 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
John[_35_]

T i m said:

So, should it just be a matter of running the .tap on (say) mine and
using a TF5810 remote, or would I have to use a universal of some sort
(would you know please)?

Sorry, I've no idea. I suggest you read the forum thread referenced on
that page. If you still need help ask on that forum - they're very
helpful.
--
John
Old February 16th 14, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
T i m

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 08:20:57 +0000, John
wrote:

T i m said:

So, should it just be a matter of running the .tap on (say) mine and
using a TF5810 remote, or would I have to use a universal of some sort
(would you know please)?

Sorry, I've no idea. I suggest you read the forum thread referenced on
that page. If you still need help ask on that forum - they're very
helpful.

Ok, I'll have to do that then because I'm going round in circles and
nothing I have tried so far seems to work.

Like, I've put the tap in the startup folder that is supposed to make
the Toppy ignore the std remote and use a different / programmable
one but it's still working from the std remote?

Sometimes I think the people working with this sort of stuff all the
time and closely forget how daunting and less that intuitive it can
be so someone who isn't.

It happens in all fields though. I found a nice pie recipe and the
first thing it said was 'Make quantity of short crust pastry'.
Nowhere in that cookbook did it tell you how to do that. Now, I know
you have to assume some start point but ...

Now, I don't suppose having two Toppys in the same room is a very
common occurrence but if there is a solution it would be nice to think
that it was east to understand / implement by just a 'keen user'.
Maybe I just haven't found that information yet of have but missed it.
;-(

Cheers, T i m (and sorry about the mini rant). ;-)