Recording finished early

Old November 17th 13, 12:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Davey

Default Recording finished early

Is this a common problem? I have a three-minute end of program pad set
up, but when we watched last week's Inspector Montalbano tonight,
recorded on my new Humax-Fox PVR, it stopped a few minutes before the
actual end of the programme. Who tells the machine to stop recording?
And is there a generally accepted useful padding time?
I think I'll extend it to about 10 minutes. And I would love to know
how it finished: Montalbano had just looked at the body of the third
Tunisian in the box........................
Anybody know what happened?

--
Davey.