Humax PV9200T and eLinker; but 9150 doesnt?

Old October 28th 13, 02:57 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
GOG

Default Humax PV9200T and eLinker; but 9150 doesnt?

Hi, I started with a Humax 9200, a few years ago, but that has become almost
unusably slow to obey commands, so it 'forgets' to record reserved progs,
and so on, and often seizes up entirely. Anyway, it has become essentially
unusable in normal use :-(.

What it can do, which I now regard as an essential feature, is that you can
upload saved files, via its USB port and using eLinker, to one's computer.
Anyway, I purchased a reconditioned 9150, but it has no such port, and
9200's are no longer advertised, so I'm stuck, because, as far as I can see,
no other model has this facility either. Perhaps supplying it was not really
legal, I would not know.

It has occurred to me, which I have not yet tried, is to remove the 9150
disk, put it in the 9200 machine, suck the stuff off it, then put it back in
the 9150 until it is full again; then, and so on, and so forth - I'm sure
you see s BUT, will the 9200 machine correctly read the 9150 disk? Now,
there's the rub.

Anybody have experience and/or tried such a strategy and succeeded or
failed, or have any other ideas? Or has this problem been discussed
anywhere?

Any input will be extremely gratefully received, to say the least.

GOG