Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
right by critcher[_2_]
\;dvn;jdsfk\ vkjfa['doigjoik
January 29th 11 07:40 PM
by critcher[_2_] Go to last post
0 182
satellite Dish history by Dickie Mint
Got a Humax DSAT PVR and have decided to engineer the two feeds it requires from a quad lnb on the dish, as you can't get the main channels on one polarisation. (Did they deliberately spread the main channels across the polarisations?) But I'm confused as to whether my existing Satdish will take a new quad lnb, special bracket or otherwise. The satcure website seems quite useful, and...
January 26th 11 08:30 PM
by Dickie Mint Go to last post
4 616
EARN $10 Per Page URGENTLY REQUIRED 350+ ONLINE WORKERS by Kiran Chowdary
An established term paper writing service is looking to expand and hire new writers. We take on assignments on all subjects, so we're looking for people with specialized knowledge, but who can also branch out of their comfort zone. Writers will need to follow instructions and produce clean, plagiarism-free copy on deadline. Editing positions are also available. To REGISTER ......CLICK on the...
January 20th 11 12:55 AM
by Kiran Chowdary Go to last post
0 169
Sky+ Digibox HD problem by Tim Walters[_2_]
The playback of some programs on my digibox HD is jumpy with small gaps. I've done a full system reset, but this has not solved the problem. My question is: does this problem mean the HD itself is damaged? If so, then it would make sense to think that the damaged area(s) is/are in fixed place(s). In which case, if I have a recorded program with jumps in it, I should keep the program because...
January 12th 11 08:47 PM
by Ret.[_2_] Go to last post
7 321
Annoying Sound Problem by the_constructor[_2_]
Ever since I have had SKY+ I have noticed that whilst watching certain channels, there is a dip in sound of about 2 seconds. Is this a fault of the SKY+ box or is it SKY themselves introducing this problem to stop people enjoying the programmes. I have just purchased a Freesat+ box made by Humax and am hoping that this problem is not on there as well. Jim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
74 1,105
changed from Sky to Sky+ by Dog is love
I got Sky+ for Xmas and now I have a redundant Sky box...do I have to buy another card from Sky to get it working again ?
January 2nd 11 09:37 AM
by Bob Lucas Go to last post
6 232
ITV1+1 Testing by Mark Carver
From another forum, from a normally reliable poster:- Quote:- Currently testing on DSat and available through add channels All of the ITV1 regions have an ITV1+1 DOG. 10891H 22.0 5/6 10125 - UTV (not delayed) with the EPG now/next an hour out
January 1st 11 03:55 PM
by jonphred Go to last post
7 240
Sky to drop Bravo, Bravo 2, and Channel One (was Virgin 1) by Vincent
So I just noticed this: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a277046/sky-to-shut-down-bravo-channel-one.html It seems that Sky are dropping Bravo and Channel One (used to be the Virgin 1 channel). That's a shame, there's some great shows on those channels. They say they'll redistribute some of the shows to Sky One, but I can't see them putting Spartacus on Sky One, can you?
December 29th 10 08:39 AM
by Vincent Go to last post
7 324
Sky Subscription by petetop
Hi Sorry if this is OT. I won a 12 month full package subscription to Sky, to which I am extremely grateful. This runs out in two weeks and I don't wish to carry on with the full package. I only found out by ringing Sky and asking when it was finishing as I was sure we were coming to the end soon. We only had entertainment pack before we won the full package. When I was on the phone I was...
December 28th 10 10:55 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
5 244
loosing signal by George Reid
Over past week or so, I've had recordings fail and, last night, while watching Sky 1, lost the signal completely on all channels. I switched off and re-started box and, after a while, the signal was restored. Whether this was as a consequence of may action or coincidence, I'm not sure. The box is an HD box, within its guarantee period. Before calling Sky, are there any checks I could make...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 10 02:43 PM
by George Reid[_2_] Go to last post
14 334
Snooker - 11 Dec 2010 by George Reid[_2_]
OK, so it overran. I had HIGNFY in my planner. I noticed that it started to record then stopped several times and the start time in the planner changed by 5-10 minutes. I assume this was BBC updating the start time for the EPG. Although they changed the start time to reflect the delay, they did not change the stop time (until later). As a result, when HIGNFY did start, it was after the...
December 15th 10 10:22 AM
by Pete Zahut[_4_] Go to last post
5 194
Sky to introduce new HD EPG system by slap dash
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a292944/sky-to-introduce-new-hd-epg-system.html or http://tinyurl.com/3xpk4at Sky is reportedly preparing to launch a separate electronic programme guide (EPG) numbering system for high definition homes, as a way to boost HD channel usage. According to Broadcast, the new approach will see the satellite broadcaster introduce a 'HD Swap Bouquet'...
December 14th 10 08:17 PM
by George Reid[_2_] Go to last post
8 215
Gutters n dishes by gordon Sinclair
Really nice to know that gutters and sky dishes dont mix..I'm run off my wet feet replacing them..and I'm undercutting Sky
December 10th 10 05:03 PM
by gordon Sinclair Go to last post
0 139
be a good man in this holidays with a Latino women by jamma alakas
Latin girls wait for love letters from foreign men http://linkshrink.com/wilyams
December 10th 10 09:59 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
3 189
"installing" Sky on a communal system by tim....
I'm about to move into an apartment block that already has a satellite on the roof with a (double) feed into each flat. I've been hearing stories that I can't "subscribe" to Sky via their website but have to by it some other way? There's no option for this on the Sky ordering process and no information either. Does anyone know what I need to do?
December 7th 10 12:50 PM
by Vass[_8_] Go to last post
6 246
Working Customer 'Service' email address? by Starman2112
Hi Anyone got a working Sky / Sky+ working Customer 'Service' email address, please?
December 6th 10 07:24 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
7 622
cancelled meeting by George Reid
Hi Have phoned round to postpone Management Team meeting. Everyone was in agreement - the only one who asked "Why?" was Ken Mackie. Considering the number of times meetings have been changed for him, I thought that was a bit rich! How were roads into work? Lindsey and Garry are having a "snow day" - they can't get out of the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 10 06:49 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 344
Sky+ Copy function problem by SW[_3_]
Hi, When I use the copy function in the Sky+ HD planner to save my movies, etc., I can only get 4:3 format. I'm using a USB gizmo from the VCR scart on the Sky box to a laptop. I've set it all to 16:9 on the Sky box and the laptop and it just comes out squashed into 4:3. If I set it all to 4:3 it records in correct proportions, with the left and right sides trimmed. Anyone else use this...
November 30th 10 06:09 PM
by Peter Pratten Go to last post
6 367
Paring Sky card to box by gordon Sinclair
A customer with multiroom asked me to install another Sky+ box for him..Sky wont install a customers 'own' box probably due to insurance problems. He had already ordered the card but hadnt provided any box details. I had thought I would have to pare the card to the box but I was surprised to find it already fully working after a callback. I usually have to phone Sky to get the premium channels...
November 28th 10 09:59 AM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
4 237
Freesat from Sky query by Woody[_4_]
Sky insist that a (white) Sky card needs to be paired with the box in use for Freesat. Is this true or is it just script? I was always of the belief that pairing was only necessary where chargeable services were/are involved. Certainly experience suggests that an already activated card will work in any box. Sky say that eventually the 'wrong box' caption will appear but I have yet to see it.
November 27th 10 09:15 AM
by mike Go to last post
8 219
Post New Thread