Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Alibi channel programme repeats by John[_27_]
I don't know if it's me being stupid or not but, can anyone tell me if Republic of Doyle is repeated anywhere or available through Sky Player, because I can't find it if it is. We missed last week's programme and thought 'not to worry, it's bound to be on again' but so far, no joy. One of our other favourites, Castle, is repeated three times a week as I can see, but I'm completely missing...
May 31st 11 07:42 PM
by John[_27_] Go to last post
2 331
1TB box, 50 for existing customers. Some questions... by Vincent
I've been having the signs of capacitor failure on my Thompson HD box again (third time now, happens every year or so) and I spoke to Sky cancellations department in an attempt to get this fixed for free, instead of paying 65. They eventually said I could have it for free, or, if I prefer they said that as there is an offer starting tomorrow (26th May) for existing customers starting a specific...
May 25th 11 09:33 PM
by Vincent Go to last post
4 268
Powering a Pace box from 12V, possible? by Anti-Spam
Anybody know if its possible to modify a Pace 2600C1 so that it will run from a single 12V supply?
May 21st 11 11:10 PM
by David Go to last post
1 276
these new boxes by Vass[_9_]
OK, can somone tell me, do these new boxes from sky still hang like the old HD boxes? if not I'm buying one cos I'm sick of this stupid box crashing all the time ta -- Vass
May 17th 11 08:00 PM
by Vass[_9_] Go to last post
6 289
Transferring recordings to DVD recorder by John[_27_]
I currently transfer anything I want to keep (music videos, rockumentaries etc) from my standard def Sky+ box to my DVD recorder by scart. The "Copy" function never seemed to work all that well so I usually do it in real time by putting the Sky box in "Play" and the DVD recorder in "Record" and that works well. You may see from an earlier posting that I'm just about to fit a 2TB hard drive...
May 17th 11 12:39 PM
by John[_27_] Go to last post
2 295
Sky generosity by Pete
I've had a standard sky box for about 3 years, with movie packagage. I called sky last week to cancel, the movies and they offered me a free sy + hd box with free install. I though no way whats the catch. Well it was installed today no hitches and a decent install to. Even put a new dish, new cable, gromits, got better signal quality. Very happy indeed. Still I called sky to drop my movie...
May 15th 11 11:07 AM
by Vass[_9_] Go to last post
6 264
Which make of HD box is reliable? by David
I have noticed quite a lot of PSU being advertised for Sky HD boxes which box makes are bad and which good please? Regards David
April 23rd 11 08:50 AM
by Ret.[_3_] Go to last post
2 260
Alternative to Sky box? by Vincent
I've been with Sky since the early 90s, but I after having Sky HD for 3 or 4 years I'm getting fed up of the Sky HD box reliability. In those 3 or 4 years, I've had 4 or 5 replacement boxes, 2 new LNBs (although they were probably fine), and a replacement PSU from Satcure. All my boxes have been or are Thompson branded, and my current one is model 902020. Now I'm having problems again, with...
April 18th 11 09:30 AM
by Bob Lucas Go to last post
3 3,785
test by quietman
test
April 1st 11 08:53 PM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
1 207
missing DOG by George
Well, not really missing but so faint you can hardly see it. Sky Atlantic HD tonight 10:00 pm. -- George from Cartland
March 28th 11 10:24 PM
by George Go to last post
0 270
ot Samsung tv by Gary[_4_]
Hi Chaps I have a Samsung ps506900 and it will couple to my network . It can see my PC but I cannot get it to see the media files on my PC. It shows some MP3s bit wont see any video except for the children in need one last year. Also it wont see my photos. I must be doing something wrong, but what. I have installed the Samsung network utility . The TV sees folders but I done know where...
March 27th 11 07:04 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
4 247
BBC One HD recordings will FF but not Play? by Vincent
So three episodes in a row now, I recorded EastEnders on BBC One HD. When I play any of these episodes, it's just a blank blue screen all the way through, but the audio is fine. What makes this even more weird is if I Fast Forward or Rewind it, the picture FFs or RWs absolutely normally - thus proving that the picture data is there. But if I then hit play the screen just freezes on the last...
March 27th 11 12:46 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 255
epg wrong nd program not what it should be and sound by Gary[_4_]
today i noticed 222 comedy central had 2 1/2 men lists as HD in the epg. also the +1 channel was the same. also on 122 the HD channel the program was very soft for HD. more like up scaled SD. also for the last few days I have had sound sync problems on this set of channels . the SD is quiet and out of synch the HD is OK for level but out of synch. we are talking about around .5 sec out ....
March 18th 11 09:06 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
0 220
Can anyone help with network Samsung by MuddyMike
"Gary" wrote in message ... Hi Chaps I have a Samsung ps506900 and it will couple to my network . It can see my PC but I cannot get it to see the media files on my PC. It shows some MP3s bit wont see any video except for the children in need one last year. Also it wont see my photos. I must be doing something wrong,...
February 25th 11 06:56 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
1 220
Freesat question by Scooby
Hi First post: I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I have serached and can't find an exact answer: My sister has a Sky + account in the lounge. She wants to add a Freesat box to my nieces room. We bought a kit (dish, box and sat finder) from maplin and I was going to install it at the weekend for her. When I went over today to look at the existing set up I noticed she has another cable...
February 24th 11 08:56 PM
by Scooby Go to last post
0 304
Sky Atlantic by George
I am quite sure that, after this new channel has bedded in, Sky will reduce the intensity of its DOG to a less noticeable level. -- George from Cartland
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 24th 11 05:59 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
27 929
watching sky via internet by Information
you can log in via your sky account and tell your box to record programmes etc You can also watch programmes do you have to be on a sky connection for this or can you watch anywhere in UK For example
February 23rd 11 10:37 PM
by Jim Mason[_2_] Go to last post
6 257
ot w7 problem by Gary[_4_]
Hi My w7 has decided that in windows explorer it will not open a folder in the right window. It has done this all by itself and only for this week. Has this happened to any one else . Any idea how to cure it. It says no program associated with this file. But it is a folder not a file. If you right click and choose open all is OK. really annoying but not the end of the world. Gary
February 19th 11 07:16 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
3 270
Pixels by Ken Johnston[_3_]
Hi all, I have little flashing squares of pixels appearing on the top left-hand corner of my TV. Strangely this only happens on BBC1 (via Sky) The TV has been returned for repair but it also happens on my other TV so suspect it may be a HD box/dish problem. Both TV's are Sony Bravias. Anyone seen this problem before. Many thanks
February 16th 11 08:13 PM
by Ken Johnston[_3_] Go to last post
9 295
Portillo lives on by UK Traveller
My Sky HD+ box has happily recorded the Great Railway Journeys using the "series" option, but is now continuing without a hesitation down the wrong track with the bloke in the VW Camper. What's happening there I wonder? Traveller
February 15th 11 10:31 PM
by UK Traveller Go to last post
1 209
Post New Thread