Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Test by gordon Sinclair
Seems to have been no posts since 1st..just checking
August 11th 11 11:18 AM
by Paul Cummins Go to last post
4 193
Replacement Pace Receiver Fascia's by Anti-Spam
Does anybody know please where I can buy quantities of New replacement Pace 2600C1/DS430N receiver fascia's at sensible prices?
August 6th 11 08:34 AM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
1 252
Sky remote TV code for Sharp LC-22LE22E by Paul Hyett
Can anyone help with this? I've tried looking on various places on-line, but none of the codes I've found there seem to work. :( -- Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett
July 26th 11 07:12 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
8 1,530
OT. SKY TV the future? by David
The other day we heard Murdock is not to buy more of Sky Tv, he owns 39% now, today the situation got even worse for his company in the US now they got troubles. What I'm wondering is if News International fails would Sky TV be able to carry on as now? Would the owners of the 61% be able to run it who ever they are? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 11 11:56 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
50 1,960
technical fault 10 by George
Two Sky HD+ recordings at same start time of 9pm failed with message "Technical Fault 10". Was watching a previously recorded programme at time. Tried to set recordings again from EPG. First worked but second (at same time) didn't. Kept failing with TC10 message. Googling fault produced suggestion to re-build planner. This I did, although the box did not restart as described and I had to do a...
July 20th 11 10:46 AM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
6 8,128
NASA TV on sky? by Beeze
I'm currently listening to NASA TV on the web - PHOENIX LANDING on MARS ;-) It'd be nice to get this on my SKY BOX :-( Anyone know if I can manually tune my SKY box to NASA TV? I've googled around and it's a bit ambiguous - but I'm guessing it's a 'No' Patrick/
July 11th 11 10:54 PM
by Serimral Go to last post
3 3,071
Global-Invacom fibre Optic - Fringe Reception Area's by Anti-Spam
After some intial problems getting the signal level down to usable level, we ebnded up with a set up of 1.35 Metre Dish, Fibre Optic LNB, 15dB Optical attenuator, 4-way Optical Splitter, 5 Metres of Fibre Optic Cable, 4-Output MDU and a Pace 2600C1 Digibox. We are comparing this rig with out standard installation package of 1.35 Metre Dish and Invacom Twin Output 0.3dB Off-Set Focus LNB...
July 6th 11 08:21 PM
by Espliego Go to last post
2 1,066
Sky sports sound breakups by [email protected]
Is there any new on Sky actually fixing the intermittent sound on Sky Sports. I am using a HD box but don't have a HD subscription. It is really annoying, especially when watching Cricket. I have tried setting it to mono even to see if I could get it to settle down. Steve
July 4th 11 10:17 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 275
Sky on computer monitor by John[_27_]
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't see any reference to it, so here goes: We have Sky TV piped around the house - not multiroom, just the RF2 output so that all TVs in the house see the same as the main TV. The portable telly we have in the kitchen has gone faulty so, before buying a new telly I was just wondering if there's a way of utilising a spare computer monitor (with...
June 28th 11 08:17 PM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
4 402
Does the Sky Magic Eye work through signal amplifiers? by Vincent
I've been using a IR to Radio type IR extender for a long time, but it's a bit unreliable. I've been very impressed with the reliability of Sky's own Magic Eye, which works through the TV aerial co-ax cable instead of via radio. However, I was wondering if these work through signal amplifiers? My current situation is that I have the Sky TV UHF signal sent to a signal amplifier, which then sends...
June 25th 11 11:04 AM
by Vincent Go to last post
5 2,506
HD box faults by Dave X[_3_]
Hi We've a problem with our Sky HD box (it's about 3.5 years old). Certain channels are starting to pixellate - others are OK and appear unaffected, but C4HD (140) is virtually unwatchable, C4 and Sky 2 have intermittent problems and I'm concerned that the situation only appears to be getting worse. Signal strength, even on the effected channels is showing as good.
June 23rd 11 11:54 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
5 338
Free Sky+HD replacement offer by Peter Pratten
We've just received an offer to replace our Sky+HD box with a later (larger disk) one (not the 1TB box) free of charge because we have been a customer for a long time. There seems to be no other condition even though the fine print said it was for Sky Broadband customers in a Sky network area, neither of which we are. The chap thought it was a Thomson one which was shown in the picture on...
June 21st 11 09:37 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
6 328
take off hard disk on sky hd set by Dutchman
I don't use my hd box for recording only as a freesat box with a ftv card from sky. I Is there any way to cut out the hard disk either manually or set up. thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 20th 11 02:46 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
11 502
Attaching a 2nd HD box to quad LNB by Vincent
I have the standard quad LNB that you get fitted by Sky when you get an HD box. I am thinking of connecting a second HD box to it. Do I just connect the box to the two spare connections on the LNB? Or do I have to adjust any settings on the second Sky Box (such as turning off power to the LNB)? -- Vincent
June 19th 11 08:03 PM
by zaax[_2_] Go to last post
2 411
Spare HD Box options? by Vincent
I know this has been asked before, so I apologise for asking again, but things sometimes change... I have a spare Thomson Sky+ HD box, with new capacitors, and was pondering my options. Are the following options still correct? * Sell the box on eBay. * Watch only the FTA channels (without a viewing card). No recording.
June 19th 11 01:24 AM
by Vincent Go to last post
9 330
Circuit Diagram Wanted For Pace 2600C1 by Anti-Spam
Can anyone help?
June 13th 11 09:37 PM
by Stephen[_3_] Go to last post
1 201
Sky Viewing Card Update by Bob Lucas
It is no longer a rumour. Sky Text (Page 192) states, "Over the next few months, we're mailing new viewing cards to all Sky TV customers". The text page states specifically "Only applicable to Sky TV customers and all Pay TV customers. It does not mention "Freesat from Sky" cards. However, the FAQ at www.skyviewinghelp.com states, "If you do not change your viewing card, you will soon be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 11th 11 08:10 AM
by Ret.[_4_] Go to last post
31 2,055
Channel 4 HD Sky channel 140 by Dave X[_3_]
Hi I wonder if anyone can help? I'm having a problem with Channel 4 HD on Sky (Channel 140). It's pixellating quite badly and the sound keeps dropping out, to the point where it's unwatchable (insert own joke here). All the other channels (including HD channels) are all OK. "Ordinary" Channel 4 (104) is fine too.
June 10th 11 02:08 PM
by Vincent Go to last post
2 535
New update? by \Rev\ Norle Enturbulata THC, OD
I've noticed on the Sky+HD box we've got (a Thomson, ugh!) that the LAN Connection is now visible and configurable in Settings/Options. Any other experiences on this before I start fiddling with it?
June 5th 11 09:17 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
4 241
dog gone by George
I just noticed that the DOGs on the Sky channels only appear for a short time at the start of a programme and just after an ad break, then they fade out. This is a much better arrangement than previously. Everyone is catered for from the suits who want station ident to those of us who are smart enough to know which channel we are viewing. Now, to get other broadcasters, including the BBC to do...
June 1st 11 06:51 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
1 232
Post New Thread