Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Length of co-ax cable run by Bob Lucas
I have a friend, who lives in a listed cottage in Hampshire. The cottage is a listed building and the Eastern, Southern and Western elevations of the premises are visible from the road. Consequently, the planning officer has stated categorically that the local authority will not allow him to fit a satellite dish on any of the walls. However, the planning officer has indicated that the council...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 08 11:31 PM
by Steve Go to last post
10 500
Sky HD Connections by John Farley
Hello list, I have just got a new Sky HD box fitted. On the rear are an Ethernet connection, a USB slot and an SATA connection. All the reviews and other data I have found with google are from 2006 and say these are for future use. Does anyone have any other info on them please?
February 18th 08 05:34 PM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
8 228
possible sound fallouts by Paul Heslop
since doing the cleanup of the hard drive, it seems to be working okay picture-wise but I've noted possible sound fallouts. This was something it didn't do before... another sign of hard drive failure? -- Paul (We won't die of devotion) ------------------------------------------------------- Stop and Look http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
February 16th 08 06:31 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 221
Neighbours shot in Super 8mm? by Ian Bethell
What's the crack with Channel Five's version of neighbours... looks like it's been "Adobe After Effects"ed... i'm sure it was more realistic on BBC... surely they didn't change the cameras from DV to super 8 over the weekend... It's like a drop in resolution.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 16th 08 11:20 AM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
20 565
rFrance 24 & al Jazeera by GG
Have France23 & AlJazeera close down?
February 16th 08 10:04 AM
by Bob Lucas Go to last post
9 349
sky+ not working :O( by Paul Heslop
it has been a bit hit and miss on whether recordings will play and tonight I was watching a recording which broke up and kept freezing. I unplugged the box and now it does nowt. I can hear some noise but i think that's the fan, and i can do a software update but nothing happens at the end of it. Last resorts I have unplugged it again but leaving it stood for a while. If this fails what's the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 08 11:02 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
34 981
Neybours from bbc to c5 by Neil - Usenet
Dont suppose anyone knows if the series link will auto change to chan 5, or just wait and see lol? -- -- Kind Regards Neil B
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 08 03:06 AM
by amstereofan Go to last post
18 1,082
Audio dropping out on SkyHD by Ray Hutchings
Recorded Time Team today, Channel 4 HD. When watching the recording tonight the audio keeps dropping out. I lose it for 10 - 20 seconds at a time every few minutes. Anyone else or is my box playing up? -- Ray http://xri.net/=ray.hutchings
February 13th 08 01:09 PM
by Srt Go to last post
6 1,274
Video+ question by P & H Macguire
I'm trying to get a Panasonic E85 to record from a Sky Digibox (Sony S760) using Videoplus. The instructions say, "Press the numbered buttons to enter a Videoplus number for a satellite station (e.g. Sky One) but I can only find numbers for Analogue and Freeview stations in the listings. Where would these numbers be obtained? Regards Pat Macguire
February 12th 08 06:01 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
4 223
Loss of signal - Anything to worry about? by JoeJoe
Yesterday, whilst watching a program that was still being recorded, I was informed of a loss of signal. Signal Test suggested that one of the 2 input was dead (it's a Sky+ installation). Well, not exactly dead, as the Signal Strength was OK, but the Signal Quality bar was on 0%. I swapped the the inputs at the back, and same result (just swapped). Booted the box, still nothing. I thought I...
February 11th 08 02:43 PM
by JoeJoe Go to last post
2 208
Thomson Sky Digibox and FTV by AmyGG
I have a Thomson Sky Digibox. I recently cancelled my Sky subscription but would like to use the Free To View channels. According to the website http://skydigitalfaq.cjb.net/: "If you have a dark blue card with a yellow "house" design on it then the FTV channels should continue to work for some time." However, when I try switching the Digibox on, although the channel automatically changes to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 03:23 PM
by Bob Lucas Go to last post
10 552
Channel 4+1 fails by Vass[_2_]
The only channell to fail, wierd one this screen reports "no satellite signal" but every othre channel is fine, Done a reboot, still happens Any ideas FOAK ? -- Vass
February 7th 08 11:46 AM
by John Go to last post
2 229
Refund due on cancelled Sky+. by salima
On 3rd December I cancelled my subs to Sky+ and on 7th Dec. they took a months subs by Direct Debit. That was OK since the contract was one months notice. On 11th Dec. all connections to Sky were dismantled at this address. On 9th Jan. they again took a months subs by Direct Debit. On 10th Jan I wrote a letter toLivingston, I then cancelled this DD at the bank and within a couple of...
February 6th 08 06:36 PM
by PeterT Go to last post
3 236
Slightly OT - Freeview Interactive Services on Samsung LE37R8 TV by Bob Huntley
Hi, My old man has just bought a Samsung LE37R8 TV - a 37 inch LCD set which includes analogue and Freeview tuners. We've found one slight problem with the Freeview set-up - we can't access the Interactive services (i.e. the "Teletext" pages of DTV) which you normally enter by pressing the Red button on BBC1, BBC2, BBC News 24 etc. etc. I've tried the Text button as well as the Red one -...
February 6th 08 06:00 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
3 757
Moderater by Studio
Can someone make this in to a moderated group? Just checked for new posts and what do I get but loads of f**king Spam!!
February 6th 08 02:57 PM
by Conor[_2_] Go to last post
3 172
interesting? by Bill Wright
http://www.cowboytvrepairers.org.uk/
February 5th 08 08:17 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 214
Sky Direct Debit by Studio
At the monemt I pay Sky by Debit Card. If I change to Direct Debit, can I still pay them by my Debit Card and will they still take the amount by Direct Debit?
February 5th 08 12:11 PM
by Conor[_2_] Go to last post
3 259
You start a small business : by nathi
You start a small business : see and get more ideas : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.freewebs.com/business-xx ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ your financial position is low
February 3rd 08 02:44 AM
by nathi Go to last post
0 226
Virgin 1 takes Bravo's Sky EPG slots by Salbi
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a88360/virgin-1-takes-bravos-sky-epg-slots.html Virgin Media is to reshuffle its presence on Sky's electronic programme guide on Wednesday, February 20. The shake-up will see Virgin 1 and its one-hour timeshift replace Bravo and Bravo+1 on channels 121 and 122, giving Virgin 1 a far more prominent spot on page two of the EPG compared to its current...
February 2nd 08 11:15 PM
by Gaz Go to last post
7 466
Any Samsung tv engineers read this NG? by diy-newby[_2_]
I have a Samsung LE40M87BDX LCD. It suffers from the known and common scart interference issue on EXT2 and slightly on EXT1. Is there a fix for this yet? I connect my Sky+ box through EXT1 (RGB) and in dark solid scenes you can see very faint scrolling horizontal lines. EXT2 is un-watchable. TIA
February 2nd 08 10:50 AM
by RT[_2_] Go to last post
5 356
Post New Thread