Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
New TV but NO SCART...Help by iCod
It seems that all new TV's don't have a scart connector only HDMI or DVI-D. How do I connect my SCART only sky box? Any help appreciated
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 11 05:41 PM
by Pendrag0n Go to last post
26 978
Series Link issues by Doctor D
My 3 year old Amstrad Sky+ box is always reluctant to add series link on BBC1. Most other channels are instant, but BBC1 can take 5/6 attempts of timing out before it adds it. Is this normal, can anything be done about it? Cheers.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 11 03:30 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
13 482
HD Service by markjohn
The terrestrial TV has limited BW so the services to offer HD services has very little scope or rather no no option. Till when the analogue services are going to switch off to increase the bandwidth substantially??
November 14th 11 06:22 AM
by markjohn Go to last post
0 344
Troubleshooting issues when there is no signal. by petersonjohn
when there is no signal on sky, how to reset the setting of the box the to bring it in operable mode. Does troubleshooting the technical issues requires the continuous signals receiving?
November 3rd 11 04:20 AM
by petersonjohn Go to last post
0 319
Sky Decoder, No Card by John[_21_]
A friend has just had his TV aerial upgraded and a satellite dish installed for either Sky or FreeSat. The man who came to install the TV aerial left it so that he had even less Freeview channels than he had before! He had to call him back, and following my suggestion to my friend, my mate insisted that the aerial be put up much higher...problem resolved...now all DTT...
October 17th 11 05:47 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
9 1,087
SKY+ remote control SKY HD? by Anti-Spam
Is the remote control the same for a SKY+ box, and a SKY HD box?
October 17th 11 12:41 PM
by Peter Pratten Go to last post
9 276
multiroom - sign up for a year? by Vass[_8_]
Ive had Sky for years and years not used multiroom for approx 4 yrs As we've upgraded the main box to a nice slimline Amstrad, I thought I'd put the old HD box upstairs and go Multiroom again. Called Sky and they want me to sign up for a year, Any way of getting this to a rolling monthly basis? tia
October 3rd 11 01:42 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
1 170
Cost of going to Sky+ with 2 dish feeds? by Maurice Batey[_2_]
In anticipation of the analogue switchoff here next year we are looking for alterntive solutions to the 'watch one, record another' situation. Roughly how much would we need to shell out for a change from single-feed old Sky box to Sky+ and a twin feed from the dish? Is there a monthly charge increase as well as the one-off upgrade charge? Another possibility is a twin-tuner Freeview...
October 1st 11 05:37 PM
by Maurice Batey[_2_] Go to last post
9 347
SKY Channels 503 and 504 by Y Dangle
I live in Cyprus, and use a 1.5m dish to receive SKY. (This is very small for Cyprus, but does receive a large number of channels.) I have just lost BBC News ch 503 and BBC Parliament ch 504. I suppose SKY have moved them to another (weaker) transponder. This change is unlikely to have affected anyone in the UK, I don't know what size dish in Cyprus or the like will now be needed. FYI
September 29th 11 09:44 PM
by Zero Tolerance Go to last post
7 614
FSFS by johnnysaint
Hi Folks I'm currently subscribed to Sky+HD but due to redundancy I can no longer justify or afford the 32 per month. Am I understanding this right? I can get a card from Sky, costing 25, that will still enable me to view non subscription channels for free, including some HD ones. As I've been a customer for 4 or 5 years is the equipment now mine and I
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 27th 11 02:30 PM
by Zero Tolerance Go to last post
30 1,215
Audio time lag?? by keithy397
Hi, Basically, since I got the new tv I've noticed a time difference in the sound from my tv and the sound from the hi-fi via audio cables from the sky+hd box. It's only a very slight difference hardly discernable with music playing, but speech sounds like they're talking in a great hall! With my old style tv I didn't have this problem. Is this the norm or is there a fix?
September 14th 11 08:47 AM
by keithy397 Go to last post
0 416
Cable split Question by keithy397
Hi, I recently moved and in my previous place I had a sat dish supplying 3 feeds:- 1 x Sky+ box and 1 X basic box in my bedroom (with Multiroom Lite subscription). In my new place, dishes are not allowed but I have a box in my sitting room with 2 Sky feeds (+ ordinary TV and FM feed) which is fine for my Sky+ but no good for my other box. I bought an FBS402 Labgear 2 way splitter thinking this...
September 14th 11 08:38 AM
by keithy397 Go to last post
1 765
Circuit Diagram of Pace 2600C1 Wanted by Anti-Spam
Still looking for a source of a circuit diagram for the Pace 2600C1 Digibox. Will pay if need be. Mark in Spain.
September 5th 11 09:21 AM
by Anti-Spam Go to last post
0 224
Interference from TV transmitter by Anti-Spam
Had a job recently where the house was near to a local TV transmitter. I could not get a decent BER quality reading. Tried earthing the dishe, that made no difference. Tried increasing the dish size, that made things worse. Tried resiting the dish behind a building, that helped a bit, but is still not perfect. Any sensible suggestions welcomed on how I can help this customer? TIA - Mark in Spain.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 31st 11 11:36 PM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
20 731
sky box problem by Pete
Evening folks :) bit of an od problem. Basically on my old sanyo widescreen tv if I plug my sky box or any thing like a dvd or freeview or dvd it only shows in black and white in scart 1. Bu t if I put it in scart 2 it works fine and shows all in colour ? I have managed to route a few things through my freeview box to provide colour output.
August 30th 11 11:12 PM
by Pete Go to last post
3 214
Multiroom Sky+HD inclusive now? by SRT[_2_]
Hi, I have a main Sky + HD account and also a multiroom additional for my daughters bedroom. Presently she has an older pace sky + box. I replaced my original main sky + hd box with a newer 1tb model last year and have the original hd box stored. Do I understand it correctly that hd is now inclusive with the package and if so can i replace the pace box in the bedroom with the hd box I have? If...
August 26th 11 12:08 PM
by SRT[_2_] Go to last post
3 241
Sky HD Anytime not working by Hugh - Was Invisible
Judging by the various forums it appears to be a software issue. Anyone found a permanent fix or get any refunds from $ky. Time to lose a few channels and move to freesat methinks.
August 23rd 11 07:03 PM
by Hugh - Was Invisible Go to last post
4 334
double size of ceefax teletext by 66oldgit
going digital on Sutton Coldfield in september. at present i can press 'doub' on my handset (Bush tv) and enlarge the ceefax pages to see more clearly. is it possible , to do the same with text on sky freesat using any of the buttons on their remote, please. thanx for any help
August 13th 11 06:28 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
5 339
Test by gordon Sinclair
Seems to have been no posts since 1st..just checking
August 11th 11 10:18 AM
by Paul Cummins Go to last post
4 170
Replacement Pace Receiver Fascia's by Anti-Spam
Does anybody know please where I can buy quantities of New replacement Pace 2600C1/DS430N receiver fascia's at sensible prices?
August 6th 11 07:34 AM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
1 221
Post New Thread