Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Not sky but you have been good so far by Fat richard
Apologies for off topic question but you have all been so good in the past...................... As you know I have now gotan LG TV. The kids are getting fed up with the fact that I can't get the wii to sync properly. Wii was fine with standard CRT and the kids/I am fairly well versed in the set up of both the wii and connections to TV etc etc. However
February 14th 12 07:23 PM
by Fat richard Go to last post
2 245
watching multiroom sky through 1 sky box by Mat Jenks
Hi, just moving in to a new house and taking my sky HD box with me. i have x4 co-axial cables, 2 downstairs, 2 upstairs run up into the loft space. is there any way i can watch sky HD in the main living room and watched normal sky on the other Tv's throught the RF OUT connection? and if so what needs to be done. have a sky engineer booked for 13/2/12 but i guess this will not be a standard...
February 7th 12 07:04 PM
by Mat Jenks Go to last post
0 223
HD Box by ForeverArsenal
Hi. Thinking of getting a second hand Sky hd+ box. Is there any preferred make to go for please. Amstrad...Samsung...Thomson ???. Thanks. Baz. -- The more people I meet. The more I love my dog.
February 5th 12 10:45 AM
by ForeverArsenal Go to last post
2 261
To HD or not to HD - That is my question by Fat richard
Hello all Current set up. Downstairs Phillips CRT TV (flat screen quite good actually) with Sky+ Upstairs: Recently puchased HD ready "Emotion" LCD TV with standard sky box (not HD or "+") and uses scart as there is no HDMI connection from the sky
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 31st 12 12:56 AM
by brass monkey Go to last post
27 645
Old round dish, location of it any use to get freesat by Jim
Hi group, I want to move up to a freesat (not the free from sky version) PVR, I think I'll get the Humax FoxSat HDR. From my understanding I'll buy the box and will need a min of twin LNB to feed the Hummy that way i can record one channel while watching another, I know the old "round" dish will work with freesat IF I buy a new twin but more then likely quad universal LNB and move it to...
January 26th 12 05:35 PM
by Maurice Batey[_2_] Go to last post
3 374
? Downgrading to SD from SKY+HD - what consequences? by David Chapman
With only a small (32") TV we have not seen much benefit in having Sky+ HD so we are now considering downgrading our SKY subscription back to SD. Since we've had SKY HD for well over the required 12 month contract I can't see any problem doing this to save the extra 10 (or so) per month subscription. Our main TV is already an HD one with Freesat and Freeview and we certainly do take...
January 26th 12 04:42 PM
by Zero Tolerance Go to last post
2 543
Totally O.T Data sim for Spain by Hugh - Was Invisible
Hello wise ones (and the others) I will be spending time intermittently but up to 4 months at a time in Andalucia Will make very few calls but do need up to around 50Mb per month data. Anyone got any PAYG SIM suggestions please. Will be used on an Android phone which is unlocked.
January 20th 12 02:35 PM
by Hugh - Was Invisible Go to last post
1 202
Thomson Sky+ PSU by Doctor D
Our Thomson Sky+ box (3 years old) has been been responding more and more slowly to the remote and over the past week channels have been disappearing: Sky One 106, Sky News 501, Disc 241, Disc 242 and many others. After Googling, I decided with some scepticism to try replacing all the capacitors in the PSU. An hour with the soldering iron and normal service is resumed. Out of the 15...
January 13th 12 10:39 AM
by Vincent Go to last post
4 557
Setting up home theatre by Chris R[_2_]
Slightly OT perhaps as it's not really a Sky problem, but can anyone recommend the best setup for my system? I'm tearing my hair out and it's spoiling my enjoyment of some very expensive kit. I have a new Samsung UE55D8000 TV and Samsung HT-D6500 home theatre amp & Blu-ray player, and 1TB Sky+HD. Initially I connected them as shown in the instructions: HDMI from Sky to HT, then HDMI from HT...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 12 11:08 AM
by Andy Inman Go to last post
11 1,264
Remote recording on settop, but i didn't set it! by FishFood
Has anyone had their set top box records a bunch of programs which they didn't set up? I understand it is possible via your mobile or a tablet applet to record stuff when your not in, but has this ever occurred accidentally to someone else's set top box and how would you prevent this happening. Just had a punch of PBS stuff recorded, a channel i hadn't heard of before now. Interesting stuff,...
December 23rd 11 06:54 AM
by Chris R[_2_] Go to last post
2 201
Copy+ and 2TB drive by John[_27_]
Just got a secondhand Amstrad DRX-890 from Ebay and a brand new 2TB Western Digital hard drive to put in it. Because I didn't have any old recordings or pre-Darwin thingy to swap over, I used the 10.3MB "vanilla xtv" pre-Darwin image file as the "source drive" and obviously my new 2TB drive as the destination. Copy+ seemed to 'do its thing' but only took about two minutes, maybe even less,...
December 21st 11 05:56 PM
by ck Go to last post
2 352
Anytime for SkyHD+... by \Rev\ Norle Enturbulata THC, OD
In the past week or so I've noticed that Anytime (often confused with Anytime+, which only works with the Sky 'broadband' package) listings are also including SBO (Sky Box Office) entries. Sure, it's 'anytime' but for a fee. I think this trend may have begun with the placement of Sky3D shows on Anytime, which, when clicked upon, tell the viewer that they have to upgrade to include the...
December 7th 11 10:48 AM
by George Go to last post
3 187
Expensive versus cheap HDMI leads by Vincent
Most of us already know that expensive HDMI leads offer no visual or audible performance issues whatsoever over a cheap one, but some still argue it's worth paying for expensive HDMI leads and that you can "see the difference". Uhuh. I stumbled upon this article today which does some pretty definitive tests. They even went into the framebuffer to see the raw data that the TV was receiving and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 11 05:57 PM
by mike Go to last post
13 492
Access to a Satellite Dish: EU says every individual must have that opportunity by Stephen
An employee of the management company for my block of 150 flats cut the cables to, and removed, 10 satellite dishes used by leasholders last week, without warning. They had been carefully situated at ground level to be as unobtrusive as possible. I have read elsewhere the following: "Tell them to go away, you are having a dish": EU statement: "GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF FREE MOVEMENT OF GOODS AND...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 11 08:20 AM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
102 2,145
CH5 now free to air by Gordon
You can now watch CH5, 5* & 5USA without a card in Sky box
December 3rd 11 07:14 AM
by David[_8_] Go to last post
3 199
SKY data signals by Y Dangle
I have a Sky setup, with a subscription card and a small dish, in Cyprus. Yesterday I changed the digibox, and of course lost most of the channels. I phoned Sky to marry the card to the new dish, but after waiting more than 12 hours it hasn't happened. I will wait a little longer and then have to reuse the original box. My question is, does anyone know which signal (channel) is used to send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 11 07:08 AM
by Y Dangle Go to last post
13 342
3-D by EtienneD
Hello, I use SKY+ HD. I can't find any 3-D channels in TV-LISTING. Do you know if their are some (remember some Sky 3-D at the time !). Thank you. E Dieppedalle
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
29 669
Lost channels on Sky+HD box by Peter Pratten
I noticed the Sky+HD box had been reset the other day but not the Sky+ one so I suspected a download. Now I find I've lost a large number of channels starting with ITV1 and Channel 4 (not the HD versions). I've recycled the power and they are back. Has this been widespread? What was updated? -- Peter Pratten Please reply in group only
November 26th 11 02:26 PM
by Gaz[_2_] Go to last post
2 359
Record only once by Pete
Amstrad DRX890 Sky+ HD box (but we don't have the HD service). I set the box to record something on Series Link because I want the whole series. It gets the original showing of each episode but also gets the repeat later on in the week, which in turn causes a recording clash because the box is already recording something else at that time. How do I get it to stop doing this and only get the...
November 23rd 11 07:20 PM
by Arthur Pye Go to last post
6 235
New TV but NO SCART...Help by iCod
It seems that all new TV's don't have a scart connector only HDMI or DVI-D. How do I connect my SCART only sky box? Any help appreciated
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 11 05:41 PM
by Pendrag0n Go to last post
26 901