Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
When my contract ends by Jim
I have HD Sky box and want to know what will happen when my contract ends, I know i'll keep some of the FTA stuff but what use will the box be to me apart from a reciever, will it be able to play back what is on there, will it be able to cap stuff from the FTA channels or is it just a good door stop? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 12 11:35 AM
by Charlie+ Go to last post
10 759
SKy communal system by Roger Smith
Hi there A friend from the IOM telephoned this evening to ask me a question that I cannot answer. He lives in a block of apartments with a SKY dish and one LNB and one downlead to the central receiver. He says that he has heard that it is possible to upgrade this system to SKY PLUS without an additional down lead. Is that possible? Are there splitters
August 15th 12 10:01 PM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
8 522
Olympic games 24 channels from BBC on Sky. by David
Sky are advertising 24 BBC channels, looking at Freesat Website I think they will be on Freesat as well but will Freeview have the Olympics too other than the normal BBC 1 and 2 (3 and 4?) ? It seems to be Sky that are doing the advertising of such a great number and silence from the other platforms. Are these on the EPG's yet, if not when can I check? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 12 01:43 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
53 2,054
Sky website price inconsistencies by Nick Le Lievre
Sky are increasing prices this September, Entertainment will be 1 more and Sky Sports 1 & Sky Sports 2 will go up by 50p each or 1 in total. Therefore Entertainment Extra & Sky Sports pack will cost as follows; Current Entertainment Extra cost 24.75 + 1 = 25.75 Current Sky Sports Pack cost 16 + 1 = 17 Total 42.75 Septembers total price increase on Entertainment Extra and...
August 7th 12 05:02 PM
by Nick Le Lievre Go to last post
3 403
Sky HD v Freeview HD by Chris R[_2_]
Is there a difference in picture or sound quality between Sky HD and Freeview HD? I have both. -- Chris R
August 5th 12 10:15 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
1 347
Olympics on BBC1 HD Freesat with DD sound. by David
Watching the horse trials and sailing this afternoon the commentary is coming out of left and right speakers, nothing from center, have I a fault or is it the transmission? On Freesat 101 these same programs commentary is coming from the center speaker and full bodied in contrast to the weak sound of DD on the HD 108. Regards David
August 3rd 12 02:11 PM
by David Go to last post
7 398
Sky mail & google wallet by [email protected]
Hi all, Just Bought a shiny new android device. When setting it up, I entered my sky mail details on auto pilot, and it accepted it as a valid google account and asked if I wanted to add my CC details to get my 15 store credit. Which I did. Now I'm trying to remove card, but I cannot access any google wallet that's associated with my sky account! Can anyone help?
July 30th 12 06:20 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 252
Pace 2600C1 S/Hand Wanted by Anti-Spam
Look for a reliable supplier of second-hand Pace 2600C1 digiboxes. I buy normally five or ten at a time, and have them shipped to me in Spain. Can anybody put me in touch with someone who can do this, at sensible pricing please? TIA. Contact details on my web page satseekers . net Mark.
July 25th 12 09:28 PM
by Anti-Spam Go to last post
0 272
Question about 24 HD Olympic channels by Jim
Does anyone know if these new HD channels for the Olympics will be only for the HD subscribers or will they be for the masses?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 12 08:13 PM
by Norman Radox Go to last post
11 862
New Sky firmware - What's new? by Vincent
Found my 1Tb Sky+HD box on channel 998 this morning, and on checking it looks different. There seems to have been an overhaul of the colour scheme and the interface. There are now big buttons in some menus (e.g. the movies tab has a huge button for Channels, Recordings, On Demand, Rentals, and Search. HD & 3D channels are grouped into the same tab now. Other than the cosmetic changes, does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 6th 12 12:40 PM
by Vass[_8_] Go to last post
11 1,297
Sky Region Query by Doctor D
I'm on holiday at the moment in Somerset on the edge of West/SW region reception. The accommodation has a communal Sky box in reception for visitor use, it has Sky Sport and apparently the Family Pack so must be on a subscription. However, 101 is BBC1 London region and 103 is Central W which are the default regions for a Sky box without a card? Even if the box was registered in London or the...
June 7th 12 06:21 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
0 318
Get all my HDD to record by Jim
I have a newish DRX 890-Z and it comes with standard 500GB drive but if my understanding is right it's split into 2 partition, one for my own recording and the other half is for any-time stuff, well to be honest i don't bother with any of this any-time stuff, so is there anyway i can alter the HDD to give all it's size to just my recordings, I'm still in contract but that don't bother...
May 29th 12 01:26 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
7 683
HDMI splitter by Chris R[_2_]
Can anyone point me to an inexpensive HDMI switch-splitter please? I want to be able to divert the HDMI output of the Sky box around the home theatre amp direct to the TV, so I can use headphones plugged into the TV. I have a remote control HDMI switch but it works the other way round, connecting multiple sources to one output. I am suspicious of a number of products advertised online which ...
May 10th 12 11:17 AM
by Chris R[_2_] Go to last post
5 468
Sky TV link functionality by Peter[_6_]
Hi, Can anyone please addvise if a Sky TV link will allow the full operation of a Sky + box in another room. What my m-i-l wants to be able to do is: 1. Watch a TV programme in her lounge 2. Get tired 3. Pause the programme
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 12 01:22 PM
by Phil[_5_] Go to last post
14 641
How do Multiroom boxes connect? by paddytt
We have booked Sky to install three boxes into a property that we are currently renovating, and the electrician wants to get some wiring in "properly" hidden so we don't have the Sky guy running cables along the skirting. Can anyone tell me: - are the additional Sky multiroom boxes wired in series from the dish, or individually from the dish? - will the installer accept temporary telephone...
April 27th 12 08:40 PM
by Peter[_6_] Go to last post
7 5,398
Another recording from Sky to PC question by Mentalguy2k8
Hi, I've read a lot about the hundreds of different ways to do it, but if anyone can help me choose the right equipment then I'd be happy. I've already got a Panasonic PVR/HDD/Bluray writer which I use to archive stuff from the Sky box via scart, but I'm looking for something to record the Sky planner progs onto PC so I can edit them, and ultimately stream it around the house (the Panasonic...
April 22nd 12 05:50 PM
by Mentalguy2k8 Go to last post
0 419
The trial in Oslo on 24 hour News Channels. by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , wrote: As is much, it seems. But you could start off by reading up on why every civilised country conducts a trial - even when the accused pleads guilty. Every civilised country? You sure about that? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plea "Under common law, a plea of guilty by the defendant waives trial of the
April 19th 12 06:08 PM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
5 327
New HDD is in order I think? by JoeJoe
I've had a Pace V2 Sky+ for around 5 years now - all working well. Today, whilst watching a recorded programme, I heard what sounded like a dying HDD sound coming from the box, and the picture froze. I disconnected the box from the mains, and eventually managed to get it back to life. Now, however, there is no sign of the HDD... I can watch what I want, but the planner is stuck at "Please...
April 13th 12 07:31 AM
by JoeJoe Go to last post
2 318
Magic Eye and Distribution Amplifier question by Malcolm H
My system consists of a Sky+HD box feeding 4 TVs via a distribution amplifier. I now wish to add 'Magic Eye' remote control for the Sky box to two of the TVs. The Magic Eye system requires 9v DC to operate, therefore the RF2 digibox output will be used, with power activated, and the distribution amplifier will be changed to a model with DC pass-through. The products will be from Antiference...
March 26th 12 01:07 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
7 671
multi room by critcher[_4_]
if both boxes are not connected to the phone, sky will charge two subscriptions,as if each box has its own card and subscription.
March 22nd 12 10:15 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
7 296
Post New Thread