Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Satellite switch by BrritSki[_2_]
Hi, my Sky+ box in Italy has stopped working with the satellite change, but a friend nearby in France with a Sky+ HD box is still getting BBC etc. Is switching to a Sk+ HD box the long-term answer to this or is a bigger dish needed ? TIA
February 13th 14 07:41 PM
by Charles Ellson[_2_] Go to last post
1 377
using sky card in another stb by No Name
A friend wants to know if he took his viewing card to another sky box in another postcode district would he receive all the channels on his package? The second box has only basic package associated with its viewing card. -- George
February 7th 14 10:36 PM
by No Name Go to last post
8 589
TV on demand?? by Mr Pounder
Okay, I'm stupid and know nothing about wireless. I got my TV on demand wireless connector yesterday. I can plug it in etc, then it comes to the password thingee. I'm supposed to enter it on the Sky remote control, but it would seem that many people have had problems doing this as the passphase is letters. My Virgin Media Superhub has a WPS PIN but no button to press. The instruction book...
January 12th 14 11:30 AM
by Mr Pounder Go to last post
0 333
Pairing card to box by Mad Hatter
I've just got a 2nd hand $ky+ HD box off greedbay. How do I pair my existing card to it?
January 7th 14 10:48 AM
by sintv[_2_] Go to last post
3 420
TV setup by [email protected]
I have recently brought a logik 32" TV, into which i have plugged my sky scart lead, however, no matter what channel i change my TV to, it just won't pick up the sky. how do i get my sky to come up? Any help would be greatly appreciated
January 6th 14 01:25 PM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
3 361
Copying/transferring Sky+ recordings - maybe to NAS? by Dave[_14_]
I bought a secondhand Amstrad DRX890C Sky+ HD box from Ebay and stuck a 2TB drive in it, which has been working brilliantly for a couple of years now. Although it's the HD box we don't have the HD service, all recordings are SD. Something is beginning to go wrong and I'm not sure if it's the box or the drive, or what. Trouble is, I've got (I think) around 150 hours of music programmes and...
October 25th 13 07:26 PM
by Dave[_14_] Go to last post
3 1,908
BBC Red Button HD via WinTV by Charles Ellson[_2_]
On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:50:04 +0100, Ar wrote: On 18/08/13 23:14, Charles Ellson wrote: It isn't something like your transponder list being out of date and thus the software not searching in the right place is it ? It's not that, Apparently it is.
August 20th 13 06:34 PM
by Charles Ellson[_2_] Go to last post
2 388
sky+ box by DJH
Apologies for the cross post I'm just about to cancel Sky - we're at the point now where we can no longer afford it and we've been through the half price negotiating bit many times. We have a Sky+ Box. After cancelling Sky, is that totally redundant? Will it not be able to record Freeview channels? And what about the stuff on there that's recorded? There are a couple of TV programmes my...
April 15th 13 02:19 AM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
4 492
Intermittent problem with Sky+ box by Terry Pinnell[_3_]
My Sky+ box has suddenly developed what looks like a hardware problem. When I try to perform certain operations with the remote, such as delete or backup, or even on one occasion merely navigating with the arrow buttons, nothing happens. And from that point on ALL controls are unusable, on both the remote and the box itself. I can only get it working again by unplugging mains power and then...
April 3rd 13 09:26 AM
by Thermocline Go to last post
3 401
Sky ITV Scotland Sound Wobbles by Thermocline
Hi Guys I started reading a thread here this morning about sound wobbles, mainly on ITV channels. I just realised that this thread was a few years old. Looks like the problem, whatever it is has come back. The issue is a seemingly random periods of sound "wobble" on Scottish ITV. It sounds like an old cassette tape player with a slipping capstain. The sound wobbles started about 2 weeks...
April 3rd 13 09:22 AM
by Thermocline Go to last post
0 338
OT DVD Player by Mr Pounder
Samsung HT E4500 Home Cinema. I bought it today but as I'm not feeling to well I have not set it up. I have the HDMI cable and the digital optical cable I have looked at the quick install manual and become confused. It tell me to plug in the optical cable and (little arrow) "Select D. IN mode." This is before the player is plugged into the mains. Is there a switch somewhere? Thanks
February 25th 13 04:53 PM
by Mr Pounder Go to last post
2 290
Sky box fed from router by Y Dangle
If you have a Sky subscription of some description, but just for SD, and you get a HD box, HD+ in fact, can you mate the card and box successfully (only receiving SD channels of course)? The reason I ask is I am considering how to set up Sky reception from the internet (I am in Cyprus) and this will entail setting up the box fed from a router with a VPN, and I would prefer to use a Sky HD+...
February 25th 13 02:14 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
5 368
Best place for SKY information now? by Anti-Spam
This used to be the place for information, but judging by the lack of posts, for example on the Astra2F changeover, I guess there is a better place to get technical information help from. Can anybody advise please? Regards Mark in Spain
January 9th 13 08:04 AM
by David Park[_2_] Go to last post
1 373
Volume disparity by Chris R[_2_]
I am getting a huge change in volume on Sky when the programme switches (on the same channel, typically BBC1HD) from normal to Dolby Surround and back, with the Dolby sound being much louder. You turn up the volume to listen to non-Dolby sound then suddenly jump out of your skin when the sound changes to an unbearably loud level. I am playing sound via optical cable from the Sky+ HD 1TB box...
January 8th 13 09:49 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
4 406
BBC1 HD report recieved by David Park[_2_]
Got this report which refers to yesterday Sunday. "The picture quality seems to have improved today, it has been noted on a number of forums. I noticed that the newscasters today were better on a par with sky news hd." As BBC1 HD improved? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 13 01:06 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
13 667
Sky+ recording by Timothy Murphy[_2_]
Is there any way of recording an "Other Channels" programme? I mean a channel added by giving the frequency, etc.
November 25th 12 05:57 PM
by critcher[_4_] Go to last post
4 285
Signal strength by ForeverArsenal
Hi. Help please. Have a OAP friend that has a HD sky box. She is getting signal breakdown at times. On my own Sky box + it is easy to see strength by services//choose 4//choose 6 and you can see signal strength and quality. I think her dish has moved slightly but can't find any where on
October 13th 12 10:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 408
"Deleted" folder in new planner by Roy[_3_]
Hi all, A friend of mine with a newer Sky box has a "Deleted" folder in his planner. All deleted programmes go into this & can be retrieved again if deleted accidentally. Although I have forced an upgrade I still don't have this facility. Apart from this being a heads up for anyone not spotting this feature my question is, do Sky do incremental software updates leaving older boxes until...
September 24th 12 02:15 PM
by Roy[_3_] Go to last post
2 480
Making "Viewed" Unviewed by Jim
I sometimes check out the first min or so of a show and of course it comes up as viewed is there anyway to turn it back into "unviewed"
September 1st 12 05:07 PM
by Jim Go to last post
4 1,685
Sky HD box for FreeSat? by Mike Faithfull
I have "inherited" a Sky HD PVR model no. DRX890-C and I'm wondering if I can use it as a receiver for FreeSat. I have a dish and a basic receiver which all works, but having the ability to record programmes would be useful. I'm guessing the box may need a modification to its firmware, but perhaps somebody has already done this and may be able to help ... ??
August 22nd 12 10:17 PM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
3 1,014
Post New Thread