Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Help - Sky Plus box is broken, can we use someone elses box? by [email protected]
Our Sky + isn't working - we can still view channels but the record/pause/rewind is broken. We have a fab deal with Sky which was given to my husband when he worked for them - if we cal lthem we think they may start charging us ful price again! So - could we use a friends working Sky + box without calling Sky? Would it make a difference?
December 9th 06 07:53 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
4 1,653
sound and contrast by Coach
Hi can someone tell me what the sound quality is for sky box office eg w,c,s,ds etc also if i put the contrast output from my sky box to high, will this save my plasma contrast from being placed on high? thus prolonging the 20 year life!!! cheers
December 8th 06 07:10 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
6 274
Lidl Targa LCD TV by Don
Hi anyone manage to find a Sky remote control code that works with the above LCD tv. If not is there a way to go through all the codes to find one that works. Thx in advance
December 8th 06 12:44 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 539
How to change background colour... by Stephen
I have just got a Thomson DSI 4214 Sky receiver as the old one failed. Most of the time it is viewed on a widescreen TV, but sometimes we use a 4:3 TV. With the display output set to 4:3L, I am getting a blue background for the unused portions of the screen. I don't like it, and would like to change it to another colour, like black. Does anyone know if this is possible? And if so... How?
December 7th 06 12:29 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
5 254
I am looking for age gap relationships by lindayl16
I found a best place for Older Women and Younger Men, or Older men and Younger women to interact with each other. Generation gap is not a problem here, but a great merit to romantic singles right here http://www.aboutme.com/users/suggestion1/agegapdatingclub.htm
December 6th 06 09:15 AM
by lindayl16 Go to last post
0 209
Skybox repairs by Will
Some company called Satellite Direct UK Ltd has contacted me to warn me that my skybox out of its 12 month warranty will cost arms & legs to repair. What is the evidence for the boxes to need repairs and is it worth paying for what is I suppose insurance? TIA Will
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 06 07:35 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
20 884
Marrying a card once again. by Paul Heslop
I have a feeling this pace box I am using may not be at its best and would like to swap it over for a newer amstrad box I have been given but I recall last time I rang sky to marry a card to a box my wife and I had to take shifts while waiting for them to answer the phone. Is there a way of speeding this up? -- Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged) ...
December 5th 06 07:45 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
7 226
Adding DVD recorder into system - how? by Dave Jennings
Hi everyone, I see a somewhat similar post very recently on this, but here's my specific problem in numptie talk, as that's my capability level: Current setup is: Sony TV with 3 scarts. 1 x DVD player 1 x Sky+
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 06 07:44 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
14 465
Where's the IR sensor? by Bohica
Another question on the Thomson model (see previous post). Any idea where on the front of the facia, the infra-red sensor is located. Trying to isolate the remote control by pointing it at selected bits of the facia makes no difference, because I can change channels, etc, by pointing it at the left, middle or right of the box (even by covering completely in a black cloth the rest of the...
December 4th 06 08:46 PM
by Ian Bethell Go to last post
2 256
HD LCD vs CRT from standard Sky box by Chris Walters
I'm thinking about getting an HD-ready LCD (Tosh 26" WLT) screen to replace our aging CRT screen - what can I expect from Sky, will it look any better, worse, similar? Thanks for any thoughts, I realise I'm asking how long a piece of string is! Cheers, Chris
December 4th 06 08:45 PM
by Chris Walters Go to last post
7 298
Sky HD for 149 by Ian Bethell
I have for sale a Sky HD Voucher for use at currys giving you HD for only 149.00 on ebay at: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200055231721 Or email me:
December 4th 06 07:20 PM
by Ian Bethell Go to last post
0 183
recording from sky digibox to dvd recorder by dwdw1
I've got 'standard' sky on a panasonic tv with a panasonic dvd recorder. I'd like ot be able to record sky programmes from the sky guide. Is this possible. If not is there any way around this, rather than buying sky plus. The tv has an inbuilt freeview system, so I can record any of these from the dvd recorders tv guide, but obviously not the sky progs. any advice appreciated. cheers DW
December 2nd 06 03:52 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
8 1,440
extention cables by RedRobin
My son has Sky Plus in his bedroom, and following a change-a-round at home he is moving into another bedroom. I can take the 2 cables through the wall, but they are not long enogh to reach the box in its new location. Ca we easily get new extention cables, and if so can you help with a supplier contact details. Thanks
December 2nd 06 03:12 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
9 263
recording from sky digibox to dvd recorder by dwdw1
I've got 'standard' sky on a panasonic tv with a panasonic dvd recorder. I'd like ot be able to record sky programmes from the sky guide. Is this possible. If not is there any way around this, rather than buying sky plus. The tv has an inbuilt freeview system, so I can record any of these from the dvd recorders tv guide, but obviously not the sky progs. any advice appreciated. cheers DW
December 1st 06 05:53 PM
by dwdw1 Go to last post
0 154
recording from sky digibox to dvd recorder by dwdw1
I've got 'standard' sky on a panasonic tv with a panasonic dvd recorder. I'd like ot be able to record sky programmes from the sky guide. Is this possible. If not is there any way around this, rather than buying sky plus. The tv has an inbuilt freeview system, so I can record any of these from the dvd recorders tv guide, but obviously not the sky progs. any advice appreciated. cheers DW
December 1st 06 05:53 PM
by dwdw1 Go to last post
0 175
loss of signal by SoWeezy
last night during the heavy rain I lost a lot of channels, almost all that I can normally get, can't remember what channels I could get but it wasn't many certainly no BBC, ITV, C4, E4, More4, SciFi, Paramount Comedy, Discovery H&L etc. etc. is this normal or could it be that my dish be poorly aligned (I installed the dish) ? thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 06 03:14 PM
by Bob Lucas Go to last post
11 449
Sky - is picture freezing an issue? by Vaughan
I'm thinking of giving up my cable service and joining Sky, not least because one of the worst things about the cable system is the regular occurrence of pictures freezing, going blocky and just dropping out. This tends to happen with groups of channels and is a result of frequent SNR issues which take weeks to get resolved. For instance, nationally all the UKTV channels were freezing every...
December 1st 06 12:45 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
9 378
EPG delay in switching by George
Basic Sky box (one of the Pace originals!) Recently, I've noticed that, although I've set up programmes to autoview, recordings (NOT Sky+) show that the channel does not switch until a minute after the programme has started. The EPG even indicates this ("This programme has started"), yet does not switch at the beginning of the programme. This happens whether there is a previous programme...
December 1st 06 06:59 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
1 172
What's the device model number? by Bohica
I've got one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKY-BOX-LATEST-THOMSON-PVR3-12-MTHS-OLD-80GB_W0QQitemZ190055296092QQihZ009QQcategoryZ96971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Anybody know what the model number is. Kind of guessing it should ideally start with a 'D'!!
November 30th 06 03:51 PM
by Spack Go to last post
3 225
Use for old Sky digibox? by Douglas Hall
In relation to the other question I posted, now I've got a LNB on my dish with spare connections, in moving and clearing the loft from my previous house, I've found my old Sky digibox which would have been a remnant when having Sky+ installed. I haven't looked at the box, yet, but I seem to recall that the card would have probably been used for my Sky+ box? So I've got an old digibox, and a...
November 29th 06 07:27 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
8 486
Post New Thread