Advice on next TV

Old August 11th 15, 04:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky

Default Advice on next TV

I've just upgraded from Sky+ to Sky+ HD and installed the new box
today. Everything appears to work OK apart from one all important
thing: the volume buttons on the remote. I cannot change volume or
mute the sound. The only way to do so is using the *old* remote.

After an hour's googling I've still found no solution. Many seem to
suffer a similar problem and the most frequent suggestion made to
their posts is to remove the batteries, hold select for 30 seconds,
and press the Sky button, whereupon the LED is supposed to flash twice
and all will then be OK. That doesn't work for me.

Not that i expect it's relevant, but my eight year old TV is a
Panasonic TX-32LXD52 32" LCD.

Any practical suggestions would be much appreciated please.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old August 11th 15, 04:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Terry Pinnell[_4_]

My slip - that subject heading was intended for a later post! Should
have been
'Sky+ HD Remote volume buttons'
Old August 11th 15, 05:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
_Unknown_Freelancer_

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
My slip - that subject heading was intended for a later post! Should
have been
'Sky+ HD Remote volume buttons'

Guessing its a new remote with the new sky+ HD box?
In which case your new remote needs the code for your tv.

Besides working your sky box, the remote is also a kind of 'one 4 all' tv
remote.
i..e It works for most popular tellys, except it just needs to know which
one, so it can send the correct codes to your telly.
e.g. Sony remotes dont work on Panasonic tellys.... different codes.

Try these:

http://help.sky.com/articles/program...ontrol-your-tv

https://m.sky.com/service/helpcentre...uresk yremote