Sky + Box using 1 Satellite Cable?

Old April 18th 15, 10:14 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Graham Naylor[_3_]

Default Sky + Box using 1 Satellite Cable?

Hi,

On our multi-room Sky connection we have been using an old Sky box (pre
recording days) which only uses one satellite cable, this box has now died
after many years use but we do have a Sky+ box that we used to use in the
living room before we upgraded to HD. Is it possible to use this Sky+ box
with one satellite cable just for watching Sky and not recording and if so
which of the two connectors should we use for the satellite cable?

Many thanks

Graham

Old April 18th 15, 10:14 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Charles Ellson[_2_]

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:14:37 +0100, "Graham Naylor"
wrote:

Hi,

On our multi-room Sky connection we have been using an old Sky box (pre
recording days) which only uses one satellite cable, this box has now died
after many years use but we do have a Sky+ box that we used to use in the
living room before we upgraded to HD. Is it possible to use this Sky+ box
with one satellite cable just for watching Sky and not recording and if so
which of the two connectors should we use for the satellite cable?

Apparently its a bit of a fiddle but if you're not recording then less
so :-
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=357300
Old April 18th 15, 10:14 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
the dog from that film you saw

On 18/04/2015 10:14, Graham Naylor wrote:
Hi,

On our multi-room Sky connection we have been using an old Sky box (pre
recording days) which only uses one satellite cable, this box has now
died after many years use but we do have a Sky+ box that we used to use
in the living room before we upgraded to HD. Is it possible to use this
Sky+ box with one satellite cable just for watching Sky and not
recording and if so which of the two connectors should we use for the
satellite cable?

Many thanks

Graham

yes you can - input one should do it.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/C...at/ta-p/738940

put it into single input mode.
--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.

Old July 9th 15, 06:59 AM
Kathrincolyn Kathrincolyn is offline
Junior Member

Location: UK

The Ethernet socket on Sky+HD boxes is being used for the video-on-demand service offered by the Sky Anytime+ service. If you find you need to get more recordings onto your Sky+ or Sky+HD box, you might want to consider upgrading to the Sky+HD 2 Terabyte box . Sky+ service allows you to watch one channel while recording another. The Sky installer will connect an extra feed from the dish to your Sky+ box.
Thanks !!
Information on Sky customer service.