Strange Problems with Sky setup

Old February 24th 15, 08:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Graham Naylor[_3_]

Default Strange Problems with Sky setup

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with my Sky TV system that I hope someone can
help with. I have a main box (Sky+) in the living room, a Sky+ HD on a
mulitroom and an old Sky box (non +) on another multiroom. starting about
6pm last night the signal for BBC1 and ITV Border became intermittent (the
picture froze and/or the sound went), on both the Sky+ and old boxes but was
fine on the Sky+ HD (even when watching the non HD version of these
channels. As of 9am this morning the problem still persists, any ideas? By
the way both boxes that are having the problem have been fully rebooted many
times (power off, card removed, wait 5 minutes, power on, reinsert card when
requested).

Many thanks

Graham

Old February 24th 15, 09:06 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
David[_9_]

On 24/02/2015 09:41, Graham Naylor wrote:
Hi,

I am having a strange problem with my Sky TV system that I hope someone
can help with. I have a main box (Sky+) in the living room, a Sky+ HD on
a mulitroom and an old Sky box (non +) on another multiroom. starting
about 6pm last night the signal for BBC1 and ITV Border became
intermittent (the picture froze and/or the sound went), on both the Sky+
and old boxes but was fine on the Sky+ HD (even when watching the non HD
version of these channels. As of 9am this morning the problem still
persists, any ideas? By the way both boxes that are having the problem
have been fully rebooted many times (power off, card removed, wait 5
minutes, power on, reinsert card when requested).

Many thanks

Graham

As it been stormy and dish moved?
Regards
David
Old February 24th 15, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Graham Naylor[_3_]

We have had some bad weather (mainly rain), would this affect a couple of
channels on two out of the three boxes only?

thanks

Graham

Old February 25th 15, 03:47 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Charles Ellson[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:25:59 -0000, "Graham Naylor"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message ...

[...]

You can have that kind of selective effect if the signal is a bit
borderline or the dish is not far enough off-aim to stop everything.
It is easier to diagnose when using a normal satellite receiver which
gives you an on-screen display of the signal strength and quality; $ky
boxes only show the figures for the default transponder which can look
good while other transponders have much worse values. You could also
have a dying LNB (but check the aim first unless you have a spare LNB
to try) which is failing to work at all frequencies/polarities; that
can be checked by compared the good/bad channels against the lists at
e.g. www.lyngsat.com.
Old February 25th 15, 10:50 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Graham Naylor[_3_]

Thanks,

It looks as if it was just bad weather that lasted 24+ hours, here's hoping
anyway.

Graham