Sky EPG

Old January 16th 15, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jeff Gaines

Default Sky EPG

This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

Is there a better place to ask Sky tech questions?

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those
Old January 16th 15, 03:04 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mr Pounder

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

Is there a better place to ask Sky tech questions?

Uk.tech.digital-tv
They are very good in there.

Old January 16th 15, 04:01 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
David[_9_]

On 16/01/2015 15:23, Jeff Gaines wrote:

This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

Is there a better place to ask Sky tech questions?

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/
Regards
David
Old January 16th 15, 04:20 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
the dog from that film you saw

On 16/01/2015 15:23, Jeff Gaines wrote:

This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

Is there a better place to ask Sky tech questions?

i had that last week too - seems ok since powering down and rebooting.

--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.
Old January 18th 15, 07:38 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jeff Gaines

On 16/01/2015 in message Jeff
Gaines wrote:

[snipped]

Many thanks for the replies & links!

A reboot seems to have fixed it for now - seems to be a known issue from
some of the forum posts.

No idea why people prefer clunky forums to nice speedy newsgroups but
there you go!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it
Old January 19th 15, 03:11 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Chris Leuty

On Friday, 16 January 2015 15:23:23 UTC, Jeff Gaines wrote:
This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

A planner rebuild (mostly) fixed it for me.
Old January 19th 15, 04:10 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jeff Gaines

On 19/01/2015 in message
Chris Leuty wrote:

On Friday, 16 January 2015 15:23:23 UTC, Jeff Gaines wrote:
This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

A planner rebuild (mostly) fixed it for me.

Can you tell me how to force a planner rebuild please?

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
George Washington was a British subject until well after his 40th birthday.
Old January 20th 15, 07:42 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jeff Gaines

On 19/01/2015 in message
Herbie wrote:

Can you tell me how to force a planner rebuild please?

http://help.sky.com/articles/problem...product=sky-tv

Thanks Herbie, useful link :-)

Old January 22nd 15, 09:39 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike[_21_]

On 16/01/2015 15:23, Jeff Gaines wrote:

This group seems to be close to moribund!

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

Is my box about to die or is there another reason?

Is there a better place to ask Sky tech questions?

You need to do a Planner Rebuild.
Mike.

Old January 22nd 15, 10:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Timothy Murphy[_2_]

Mike wrote:

My Sky EPG is playing up, it doesn't seem to store listings any more, it
always shows "no listings available" and I have to wait for it to
down-load them.

You need to do a Planner Rebuild.

How?

--