New fibre upgrade and new hub

Old April 9th 14, 06:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Isaac Hunt

Default New fibre upgrade and new hub

Fibre has finally arrived in my area so I've decided to upgrade. I've just
been sent a new sky hub router (currently got the older Sagem router) with
a note on it saying not to use it before 14th April. This gives me a couple
of questions

As it's a standard broadband router why can't I use it before the swap from
broadband to fibre?

Can I stick with my current Sagem router? Not that I probably would as no
doubt the new hub is a bit more advanced than the old Sagem.

If possible I would rather shove the new router online now and set it up (I
use my own network name etc)

--
Isaac Hunt
Possibly the most handsome man here?
Old April 9th 14, 06:22 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Charles Ellson[_2_]

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 19:09:43 +0100, Isaac Hunt
wrote:

Fibre has finally arrived in my area so I've decided to upgrade. I've just
been sent a new sky hub router (currently got the older Sagem router) with
a note on it saying not to use it before 14th April. This gives me a couple
of questions

As it's a standard broadband router why can't I use it before the swap from
broadband to fibre?

Aren't $ky routers set up with parameters that Joe Public is not
supposed to change ? In this case, possibly a different login route
which when used kills off the old one.

Old April 9th 14, 08:19 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
David[_9_]

Hi
I have recently migrated from Be to Sky Fibre and the new Hub not used until
migrated.
If your on Sky now I thought you could use it on ADSL as well VDSL.
Wireless Network Name and Log in I have been able to change.
Regards
David

Old April 10th 14, 01:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Isaac Hunt

Hi

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:19:58 +0100, David wrote:

Hi
I have recently migrated from Be to Sky Fibre and the new Hub not used until
migrated.
If your on Sky now I thought you could use it on ADSL as well VDSL.

That's my thoughts too.

Wireless Network Name and Log in I have been able to change.

That's all I need to change on my new hub. I suppose the 14th is only a few
days away. I'll just leave my old router plugged in and see what speed I'm
getting when I get home from work.

Regards
David

Old April 11th 14, 02:43 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian Mc[_3_]

Isaac Hunt wrote:
: That's all I need to change on my new hub. I suppose the 14th is only a few
: days away. I'll just leave my old router plugged in and see what speed I'm
: getting when I get home from work.

I believe that Sky routers will work on BOTH ADSL and VDSL so, if I was you
I would plug it in and try it now.

The "don't use it before 14th" may be meant to apply to people who are either
on no broadband at all - or changing over from ANOTHER ISP!