Sky+ gone bang, can I use the remote for my old Sky box?

Old April 23rd 07, 12:55 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Gary

Default Sky+ gone bang, can I use the remote for my old Sky box?

On Saturday afternoon, half way through Doctor Who Confidential my Sky+ box
decided to cease working. It switched off, never to come on again.
As I am a hoarder and never throw anything away, I dug my old Sky box out
from its hole and am now using that.
But, I was wondering, does anyone know if I can re-programme my Sky+ remote
to use the old box, to save my old legs.
Did anyone else have the same problem on Saturday. Or does anyone know how
to encourage my Sky+ box to work again. I have tried a power off reset and
unplugging and leaving for 10 minutes.
I don't have a subscription so recording is not an issue. Could this be a
hard disk fault? The power light flashes every 2 or 3 minutes.
TIA
Gary

Old April 23rd 07, 01:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jim Howes

Gary wrote:
But, I was wondering, does anyone know if I can re-programme my Sky+ remote
to use the old box, to save my old legs.

Easy.

Press...

SKY

Hold SELECT and BLUE for two seconds

0

SELECT

SKY

If that doesn't work, try the same sequence, but with 1 instead of 0 (i.e. I
can't remember whether it is 0 or 1 that needs to be set to turn a Sky+ remote
into a ordinary Sky remote).
To reset a Sky+ remote to Sky+ mode, do the same thing, but with 2 instead of 0
Old April 23rd 07, 03:17 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky

On 23-Apr-2007, "Gary" wrote:

Could this be a
hard disk fault? The power light flashes every 2 or 3 minutes.

Power light flashing suggests either an overloaded
power supply, in which case trying to service to
component level might be futile, or a sick power
supply (dried out or shorted capacitors) for
which a repair kit might be available. But with
units so cheap on eBay getting another box might
be the best option.
The circuit boards are mostly surface mount LSI
and there isn't much you can do with a soldering
iron, you need a proper workstation.
Old April 24th 07, 09:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Gary

Question:
How can I control my SKY+ Digibox with an ordinary remote control?

To reprogram the sky remote to control the sky+ box.

The sequence is:

a.. TV
b.. Hold Blue+select until LED flash twice
c.. 2
d.. Select
e.. Sky
Now the sky remote up and down channel buttons change the channels on a sky+
box.

To revert back, enter this sequence again but press the zero button instead
of "2".

Question:
How can I control my SKY Digibox with a SKY+ remote control?

The sequence is:

a.. TV
b.. Hold Yellow+Select until LED flashes twice
c.. 0
d.. Select
e.. Sky